09

The rain lashed against the roof, mimicking the storm brewing inside the library. Sam slammed a fist on one of the tables, scattering half-empty beer bottles. "It's been two weeks, Dean! Two weeks, and I still haven't found a damn thing! We haven't found a damn thing!"

Dean, hollow-eyed, ran a hand through his hair. "I know, man. I know."

Across from him, Cas and Gabriel shared a glance before looking at both brothers. "It's not his fault, Sam. This is just- just a tough one."

The youngest hunter glared daggers at Gabriel, beginning to pace back and forth.

A heavy silence descended, punctuated only by the wind's howl outside. Suddenly, a thud from downstairs rang through the Bunker. All four heads snapped towards it, fear momentarily eclipsing grief.

Sam, feeling daring from the mix of emotions inside of him, took several steps towards the direction of the stairs but paused at the sight of the figure walking up them.

"Lex...?" Sam's voice cracked. It couldn't be.

The figure took a shaky step forward. The light revealed a face etched with the same smile his family knew all too well.

"Hello," He croaked, his voice slightly hoarse.

In a flash, Sam was across the room, engulfing Lex in a bone-crushing hug, as the other three hesitantly got closer.

As Sam and Lex pulled apart, Holy water was instantly splashed in the angels face. He spit out the bit that was in his mouth before locking eyes with Dean.

"Nice to see you, too." The hunter shrugged, a guilty yet grateful smile playing on his lips.

"You know I had to check.-" Lex wrapped his arms around Dean, before hugging his brothers.

Castiel hugged him as tight as he was, but Gabriel only patted his back hesitantly.

"What is wrong, Gabriel?" Lex questioned furrowing his brows in confusion and concern.

"How?" He replied simply, gesturing vaguely to the younger angel.

Silence engulfed the five as the rain outside continued to pound relentlessly again the roof.

Lex didn't know how, he didn't know why, he didn't know who, he just didn't know. Why did Gabriel expect him to?

He shook his head in response, reflecting that he was just as confused on the matter as his brother.

Gabriel wasn't exactly happy with the response, but he knew it was the best he was going to get.

"Are you- is everything okay? Does anything hurt?" Sam questioned nervously, examining Lex.

The angel bit back a smile. "I'm okay, Sam. I promise."

"Well..-" Dean started, slight awkwardness in his tone, "-should we, I don't know, catch up or something?"

The smile on Lex's face fell, a pang of guilt hitting him. "Actually I was just- I kind of want to just lay down. Be alive again." He chuckled dryly, hoping to get a smile out of somebody, but they just looked concerned.

"Yeah- of course, why don't you go to my room? I'll check on you in a little bit," Sam reassured, bringing his angels smile back.

"Okay- thank you. I'll- I'll see you guys," Lex stumbled, before turning away and walking down the hall.

The four men left in the room glanced between each other.

"Somethings off with him," Cas mumbled, earning a glare from Dean.

"You think?"

°•■•°𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖇𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖊°•■•°

After reaching Sam's bedroom, the only bit of privacy he had, the angel instantly plopped down on the bed. It felt just as good as he had remembered it.

It was a while before anyone came to check up on him, but it was plenty of time for his social battery to be replenished.

"Come in," He called out, hearing the short knock on the door.

Sam peeked his head in. "You doing okay in here?"

Lex suppressed a smile. "You don't have to knock. It's your room, Sam." The angel sat up, patting the spot on the bed next to him.

The hunter silently and happily obledged, completely content with spending more time with him.

"You feeling okay?" Sam questioned, giving Lex a quick once-over.

The angel couldn't help the small grin that appeared on his face. "I'm okay, Sam. Thank you."

"Good," Sam mumbled back, the two being engulfed by a silence.

Lex leaned closer to Sam, taking a deep breath as he rested his head on the hunters shoulder. He instantly noticed the sharp intake of breath.

"Sam- your behavior is strange. You're getting red, are you okay?" Alexander questioned, lifting his head to look at the hunter, grazing his face with his palm.

The blonde swallowed, finding himself to be having an even harder time breathing with the angel this close.

"Yeah- yeah, I'm okay. Nothing to worry about."

Lex tilted his head in a way that made Sam's heart hammer against his chest.

Hesitantly, Sam leaned closer, Lex moving the final inch, connecting his lips with Sam's.

It was short, but oh God, it was perfect.

Sam bit the inside of his cheek. "That- uh- do you- y'know, want to do that..?-" He trailed off, not exactly sure what to say.

"Again? Yes," the angel breathed out before taking Sam's lips again.

The hunters hand hesitantly pulled the angel closer to him by his waist, while his other hand moved to the angels incredibly soft hair.

Suddenly, Lex pulled away, making Sam feel a pang of annoyance.

"Sam, did you- did you mean it when you said 'I love you' in your prayer?" He questioned, a glimmer in his eyes reflecting his inner feelings of longing and hope.

All annoyance or aggravation that had been in the hunter before had left him completely.

The hunter shrugged softly, avoiding eye contact, nervous to admit anything. Lex put his hand on Sam's chin, titling it so he would look at him.

"I love you too, Sam."

"You- you-" Sam stumbled, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"Mhm." Lex pressed his lips against Sam's, a quick peck, before he rested his forehead on his.

"Y'know, this is the place we first kissed, and now here we are again," Sam commented.

"Don't worry," Lex mumbled, "There'll be plenty more."