Chapter: 12

Her diurnal alarm of 4am disturbed the exhausted sleep of an hour. Sivaangi opened her eyes reluctantly to off it, set a new one to 5am and continued her sleep.

She couldn't snooze it and spoil her day so woke up after a sleep or call it a nap of 2h to finish her morning duties and prayers. She shook Rakesh from his deep slumber to get a strong tea prepared but he was in no mood to wake up. The brother duo arrived a few minutes later as usual, it was a surprise for Sivaangi as they were deep sleepers like her brother. Arjun took the duty of waking Rakesh while Ashwin rushed to make his special aroma tea. Sivaangi was impressed with the delicate taste of the tea in her first sip, relishing every other sip she moaned. Ashwin was heartbroken to see her puffy swollen eyes which narrated the story of a sleepless and weary night. 

They set off for the habitual jogging and boys took care to not let Sivaangi do heavy workouts. Rakesh offered a drive in the open air to vanish her tiredness and it helped indeed. She came out refreshed after returning home and was pleased to get a fresh orange juice from Rakesh. He had also prepared her favorite cabbage salad in addition to Mahalakshmi's carb breakfast. His sister's genuine smile in return was more than enough for him. 

She settled in her workspace to continue the remaining tasks while the boys accompanied Shakthi to shoot his reels. Having lunch a bit earlier than usual, she started the class at 1 pm. She was satisfied with giving a complete revision of the first unit and a short note summarized to just 4 pages. As the home work of the day she ordered the students to try MCQs of the lesson in past 20 years, there were less than 100. 

After the class she took a nap for 40 minutes and joined the badminton play in the middle. Ashwin had an exciting news for them, he shared the information about drug usage among students. 

"principal sir asked if we could do a motivational seminar for grade 12 and 13 students" said Ashwin. 

"he thinks that it will be inspiring for students to see 4 medicos from the same family, he wants us to share our journey and preparations of the exam." added Ashwin. 

They discussed about it with a conference call to their parents and concluded that they were going to do it on Sunday as requested by the principal. 

Shakthi arrived for the study session.

"Sivu, enna epdi padikanum ne therila, can you make a timetable for me"

"yup sure, neengalum kooda irunthu unga time convenience sollunga" replied Sivaangi. 

They continued their first study session and later when other three were cooking dinner, Shakthi and Sivaangi prepared a timetable for him considering the syllabus and his timeframe. 

Ashwin came amid to give spoons of half cooked meal for Sivaangi making her giggle to see him being so desperate to get appreciation from her. 

It was yet another busy night for Sivaangi as she had the first physics revision class tomorrow.

Teaching wasn't hard but explaining answers for MCQ calculations in both chemistry and physics was a bit challenging as she had been solving them in her own short cut methods which most people would never be able to understand. It was her uniqueness that she would find the answers without using a pen and paper, finishing the sums in mind. She was never used to write in a paper for most MCQs. But now she had to explain the proper stepwise method of deriving an answer to her students which was completely new for her. 

She stayed awake like the previous night although the boys had warned not to repeat it. Rakesh  awoke by Ashwin's call at 1.30 am to prepare a coffee for her. He asked Rakesh not to reveal that he had called. While taking a break for the coffee she opened Ashwin's contact to see his last seen 10 minutes ago, she was using WhatsApp to view the short note pages her mom had sent from her books. She frowned wondering what was he doing staying awake at this time and why hadn't he texted her if he came online 10 minutes ago. '