Chapter: 15

Tuesday early morning before the four could head to their usual jogging, Mahalakshmi informed about the cleaning works to be done in the land their parents, the 3 siblings bought recently. They promised to allocate the day for her and moved to lake bund to start the day fresh and to warm up. Having a bath and a heavy breakfast after returning from jog, the cousins accompanied their grandma to the farm land.

3 employee men had arrived and started plucking the areca nuts and coconuts from the trees loading them to a tractor. Mahalakshmi instructed Sivaangi and Arjun to water the new dwarf coconut seedlings while the senior two boys joined her in cleaning the front 1/4th portion of each 3 lands which had only weeds grown in it.

Maha said they had to plant something and the boys suggested to grow veggies as the soil was very fertile and they had convenient water supply from the stream that was running around the land. Maha agreed and Rakesh supposed they could get plant lings from the neighboring town today itself .

They helped Maha for one and half hours until Kamala akka came to accompany her. By the time the plucking works were also over and the 3 employees started cleaning the remaining land under the supervision of Mahalakshmi.

The cousins walked back to their homes to get ready for the shopping. The boys decided to leave Sivaangi behind initially but changed their plan as she was adamant to hang along. They hired a taxi and reached the nearest Plant Nursey after a ride of half an hour. They did a research on planting veggies during hot seasons of April and May, on the way.

Getting advices from an Agricultural Instructor, the four selected onion seeds, potato plants, ladies finger, pumpkin, tomato and cucumber. Sivaangi had no knowledge about plants, boys explained her the names and details about different crops available in the farm. She liked this new learning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashwin confessed he was fond of home gardening and Sivaangi was excited to give it a try as she had never done it before. She pleaded Rakesh to get her some seedlings separately. Ashwin took Sivaangi along with him to floriculture department and she was fascinated by vibrant colours of orchids, roses and anthurium.

Purple orchids caught Sivaangi's attention and she went near them with dreamy eyes, Ashwin following her behind with a smile seeing her being excited like a kid. She admired them and poked his arms pointing at purple, white and mothed pink orchids. Arms crossed in chest, Ashwin glared her but the innocent eyes and pouty face made him chuckle and buy those for her. She trotted to anthurium corner and selected three colours handing him to bill.

"madam....."

called Ashwin walking forward in the rose isle and said

"pudicha colors eduthuko"

which went deaf in Sivaangi's ears as she was mesmerized by the vivid colours of roses. But her face lost colours remembering she had selected 6 varieties already.

"oii..."

Ashwin's voice brought her back and she turned to him saying

"KC select me only one color, aprama naan ovvoru color roses aa collect pannikuren"

Ashwin chuckled and forwarded her a Yellow rose plant. Sivaangi was taken aback by his sudden choice but was bewitched by its beauty. She had never seen Yellow roses in their entire family home gardens.

Yellow Roses ; as yellow as the hair of the mermaiden who sits upon an amber throne, and yellower than the daffodil that blooms in the meadow before the mower comes with his scythe.

"I love this "

squealed Sivaangi in ecstasy and Ashwin shook his head with a wide smile muttering

"I love them too"