Chapter: 16

"Dhanalakshmi?... va ulla va?"

The ladies shared greetings and the two guests took their seats.

"Tanya epdi iruka? " asked Vanathi.

"nalla iruken mami, neenga epdi irukeenga"

"romba nalla irukom ma"

"Dhana, ithu Sivaangi theriyum la, Sivu ku ungala therinjirukum" said Vanathi and Sivaangi nodded agreeing and greeted the mother-daughter duo.

"ada, Sivaangiya ithu, epdi valanthuta chinnathula paathathu, epdima iruka"

The conversation went on Dhanalakshmi congratulating Sivaangi and investigating about her parents. Tanya whom Sivaangi met at the seminar last Sunday sat there with a smile.

Dhanalakshmi was Vanathi's friend. she was a house wife and her husband was working abroad. Sivaangi knew them before as Tanya was her junior. She chuckled remembering Tanya say about Ashwin as a perfect crush material during seminar.

Dhana informed about the motive of her visit, she requested them to help Tanya with her studies. She asked if the children could guide her. 

It wasn't new in the village as it  was usual for parents to join their kids with the ones who performed well in academics. Arjun's batch was the 5th batch in their village school for science branch so there were no much facilities. They entirely depend on teachers and seniors who had passed. There were a total of only 5 students selected for the medical faculty so far from the village. Neighboring undeveloped rural area students stayed here for their studies. 

Sivakumar's family was the talk of the town for their education, he was a progressive man who took his kids out of the village to distant towns to educate them with the mission of bringing light to their lives when the whole district was in dark.
Binni was the first child to step out and study, when girls barely made it to village school, she stayed at hostel, miles away and for months without meeting parents. She became the first doctor and still was the only female doctor in their village.
Sivakumar being the principal, served immensely in uplifting the academics of the villages. His family was respected for their good deeds.
Though their children lived away for past few years, they contributed their maximum to the village. Ramkumar, younger son of Sivakumar would visit twice in a month and check the patients around the villages. So it was very much common for people to seek help from them.

Now the four had added glory to their family reputation. They knew it was their duty to help other kids in the village, that was the reason why they agreed to conduct the seminar happily.

Dhana suggested Vanathi to ask her children to gather the juniors and help them. She mentioned that Tanya was week in chemistry so she came here to ask help from them.

"athellam panalam, neega irunga naa poi coffee eduthu varen" said Vanathi and dragged Sivaangi to kitchen.

"enna aththa?"

"ma, Tanya ku sollikuduka unaku ok vaa?"

"ithula enna iruku aththa, am ok"

"en thangam, nee iru ma na varen"

Sivaangi arranged the biscuits and snacks while Vanathi prepared the tea. Dhana and Tanya walked in.

"athaiyum marumahalum nalla othuma pola" Dhana joked seeing them work chit chatting.

"illama pinna" replied Vanathi serving them.

"ama un pasanga enga" Dhana asked.

"avanunga 2 perum mela than Rakesh kooda irupanunga, Priya tution mudinji ippa vanthuduva, Monika thangachi veetuku poiruka"