EIGHT.

Had to do a little exciting chapter for the chapter that is also the title!!!

HARRY.

Kenzie had landed in Tokyo an hour or so ago, she'd messaged the group chat to let us know she was on her way to find her taxi driver to her hotel.

The hotel she'd been bragging about nonstop for the last three weeks.

Truthfully, I was happy for her. Excited for her, actually. Especially since she'd told me the real reason why she'd chosen Tokyo.

It had been rough when the Sidemen had just started. She had just lost her mum, not even eighteen yet and now posting videos to a growing audience.

I'd only known her after she'd lost her mum, and even though she'd clawed her way back from that devastating loss, you could just tell it had left her a shell of her former self. Especially because it had all been so sudden.

Truthfully, we were all so proud of Kenzie. She was the baby to the group, really. Along with me, but she was a couple of months younger than I was. We were all quite protective of her.

Which was why I was a little worried about her being on her own in Tokyo. Sure, she was very capable of looking after herself, and I knew she would but it wouldn't prevent any of the little worries at the back of my mind, and probably at the back of everyone else's.

It was why I'd put a little news alert on my phone for Tokyo when she'd told us all she was going. I knew nothing bad was going to happen, but it made me feel a little better anyway.

It was nearing ten in the evening now, and I had an early start tomorrow heading off to the range with a few of the guys. I couldn't quite be bothered to hop on to play anything tonight, and my bed sounded a lot more appealing.

I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when my phone went off, but it was a sound I wasn't used to, causing me to come out of the bathroom, toothbrush still in my mouth, grabbing my phone with my free hand.

BBC NEWS BREAKING

EARTHQUAKE IN TOKYO, JAPAN LEAVES TWELVE PEOPE DEAD.
This story is breaking, updates will follow soon.

The toothbrush swiftly fell from my mouth, splatting onto the floor, toothpaste staining the crème coloured carpet.

It took three tries to tap on the notification, enlarging the news on the app with shaking hands.

It didn't say anything the notification hadn't already. Instinctively, I tapped onto my phone app, dialling Kenzie's number, not caring about the charges to another country.

Straight to voicemail. It wasn't even ringing.

"Shit! Fuck!" I shouted, my phone gripped tightly in my hands.

I felt useless. There was literally nothing I could do.

I scrolled up on my contacts, finding Ethan's number.

It rang three times, and he picked up.

"Harry? It's late, what are you —" he began, but I cut him off, rambling.

"There's been an earthquake in Japan. In Tokyo," I tell him, my voice cracking, tears threatening to spill.

Silence on the other end of the phone.