THIRTEEN.

They say 13 is unlucky for some...good luck - song is linkedddd!

"It's done! I actually fucking wrote and produced my own song," I tell Faith down the phone, and I'm in the studio yet again, which makes six days straight since I'd first stepped foot in it.

"What?! That was quick, it's actually all done? All the way through?" She asks, and I can hear the excitement in her voice.

"Yeah, Sam was so helpful. He helped with the piano and all the layering and — wow. It sounds so good, Faith, I'm sending it to you over text now," I tell her, and I do actually feel a little emotional about it all.

Of course, no one except Faith knows, and she'd been sworn to secrecy. It wasn't like I was going to release the song anytime soon, but maybe one day I could release it with a bunch of others.

"What's it called?" She asks, just as I hit send to the link.

"I've called it Wondering. Have a listen, let me know what you think later. Love you," I tell her, hanging up the phone to see a notification from her giving me a thumbs up to show she'd received the message.

At the same time, I had a message come through from Harry. It was like he knew I was looking at my messages.

From: Harry

We're heading to the pub, you coming?

I can't tonight

You've said that all week
What's going on?

I'm just a little busy with some other commitments

I'm worried about you

I'm literally just busy
I'm okay

Are you definitely sure we're okay?

Yeah

Would you tell me if we weren't?

Yeah

Kenzie please communicate with me

I am communicating
seen

"Fucked that up again Kenz," I mutter to myself, before Sam walks back into the studio.

"You officially have a completed song, how do you feel?" He asks, a huge smile on his face.

It's one that is contagious, and before I know it I'm smiling too.

"It's crazy. I feel — crazy. I have a feeling I'll be back in here soon enough."

"You just give me a text when you want to come back and record more music. It's been a pleasure working with you," he says, shaking my hand.

"I will, Sam. I promise," I tell him, gathering up my belongings and heading out to the car park, where my car had been waiting for me all day.

The drive from the studio to my apartment wasn't long, and I couldn't wait until I could get into my bed. It was all I'd been waiting for.

"Evening," I greeted the doorman as I whizzed through the lobby, heading straight to the elevator.

My hair was a mess now, I was in comfy clothes and I couldn't wait to sink into my bed, resting my body for another full day tomorrow.

As soon as the elevator doors opened to my floor, I notice that something — more rather, someone is outside my door.