An Odd Bond (Part 4/4)

I'm ba~ack.

Who missed me?

Probably no one, but here's the chapter anyways >:D

And also, keep a lookout. I have a surprise at the end of this chapter! :0

..........................................

//CHAPTER 11.4

Orange again-

So onward through the night they go,

Their heart ablaze, hope aglow.

For in the darkness, true friends find,

A bond that monsters cannot unbind.

....................................

After a moment of composing himself, Orange led the human with the Lookie out of Purple's lair. The sky was still dark, and the stars were barely visible against the bright lights from the park.

He wondered how much energy was being used just to keep this place running. Orange knew, however, that they had no time to dawdle, and ushered the human back towards the pen with the Lookies.

As the two of them walked around the hedges once again, Orange caught a glimpse of Yellow also coming around the corner. Orange was about to react by pushing the human the other way, but then the human did something that he didn't expect.

The human dropped the Lookie, which annoyed Orange quite a bit, and then dragged him to the locker right behind them, shoving him inside before he could argue.

Orange couldn't help it when a low growl escaped him, as he feared the worse when he realized that the human didn't have anywhere else to hide.

Then, before he could do anything else, the human pulled out their big box and threw it over their head, just barely managing to do it in time as Yellow walked past.

Yellow hesitated for a moment, probably looking for whatever had made the movements, before continuing his walk down towards the other side of the park.

Orange let out a sigh of relief as he realized that the two of them had survived yet another Rainbow Friend.

He climbed out of the locker, and the human also began to fold up their box. Orange stared at the human for a second, before looking away awkwardly.

He guessed that they were both even now. He had saved the human, and now the human had saved him as well.

He didn't quite know what to think about that. Should he be grateful? Embarrassed?

Orange turned back towards the human and gave them a nod, to which they smiled. Orange looked at the ground, and then realized.

The Lookie was gone.

Orange groaned to himself, feeling frustration well up inside him. This was not going very well. He was about to let out another growl of annoyance when the human suddenly turned and walked down the small staircase.

Orange peeked around the corner curiously, and saw that the Lookie had rolled down the stairs. It was now looking up at him as the human grabbed it in their small arms.

Orange sighed in relief as the human presented him with the pink Lookie once again. He was hesitant to show any sort of affection to them, but decided that the human probably deserved it. He tentatively patted them on the shoulder as they walked by.

The human glanced over their shoulder with a smile as they led Orange back to the pen. It was at that moment that Orange realized he was considering this human as a friend now.