five

I was awaken from a deep sleep with the feeling of soft pecks up and down my neck.

I yawned and stretched a little before noticing Camila fully.

"Wake up. Moms got waffles." Camila said softly.

"I'm not really hungry right now." I turned over and pulled the cover up onto my shoulder.

Camila's hand slid under the covers to land on my hip, "Come on. You'll have to be up anyways for the barbecue."

I just ignored her. I didn't give a fuck about the barbecue. My mind was still on Lauren, "Have you talked to Laur?"

"No." She admitted even though she didn't want to. The slight sense of worry made me tense up. I shot out of bed to go to my phone that was plugged into an outlet by the door. "What are you going to do?"

"Call our girlfriend." I stupidly responded.

Camila got up from the bed and walked over to sit on the floor across from me as we waited for Lauren to answer.

I put the phone on speaker and that long monotonous ring kept drawling on until finally someone picked up.

"Hello?" Her voice was groggy but not something to worry about.

"Hey Lolo. Were you sleeping?" I asked nicely, hoping she wouldn't be grouchy that I possibly woke her up.

"Mhm." She happily replied.

"Okay.." I cautiously responded. "Are you coming to the barbecue at twelve?"

"Yeah, yeah. Babe." Lauren giggled, "I'll be there."

My eyes shot over at Camila and she had the same expression as me.

Lauren didn't sound the same. It was that cute version we love so well but what's weird is that it's nine in the morning and she's so peppy.

"Hey babe. Can we come over really quick?" I asked hopefully. I needed to know why she sounded weird.

"Ya know," Lauren laughed. "Now really isn't a good time but I'll see you at twelve. I want to sleep. Okay?"

"We were just gonna stop by and bring you waffles." I lied.

"Oh well then, yeah." Lauren happily accepted, "Bring some waffles but you gotta leave. Okay?"

I grabbed my crew neck from on top of my suitcase and signaled Camila to come on.

"Okay babe. We will be there soon. Love you. Bye." I hung up the phone and walked into the hallways, directing Camila to follow me as I put my phone in my pocket.

She got up from the floor and grabbed my hand while we started stepping down the stairs, "Did she sound high to you, too?"

"More than high. But why would she be high at nine in the morning? She couldn't bring that stuff on the plane." I stopped the at the bottom of the stairs and pushed Camila towards the kitchen, "Go put a few waffles on a plate."

"You're driving." Camila groaned walking towards the kitchen while I grabbed the keys to head out to her Mom's old Buick.

I got in a started it up to wait for Camila and each second that passed make me think deeper into this topic.

Where would she even get weed? And why would she wake up at nine in the morning to smoke when she loves to sleep?

--

Fifteen minutes later and we were outside of the Jauregui house.

I pulled out my phone to go to my recents and call Lauren. After a few rings, she finally answered with that same peppy vibe, "Baby." She rasped. "What's up?"

"We brought you waffles."

"Well come on in. Just be really quiet." Lauren said before hanging up.

I put my phone back into my pocket and looked back at Camila, "She's so high."

Camila shook her head, "Fucking Lauren."

We walked into the unlocked and quiet house which felt extremely eerie to me. It was never this quiet no matter how early it was.

Camila grabbed my hand and we both walked up to Lauren's room. I pulled down on the handle and once we both walked in, we saw her there. On her bed, curled up in her bed sheets like a little kitten. She didn't budge when she heard the door. She just kept her position still which meant more than likely she was asleep once again.

"Lauren," I called out, walking closer to the bed. "Babe, we have your waffles."

She giggled shortly and turned over to look at Camila and I. Her sheet dipped down a little and I noticed she was completely naked underneath. "Babies. You made it."

I glanced over at Camila, and she nodded, holding the plate out for Lauren to retrieve it.

Both of our eyes were stuck on one object that just happened to be laying out on the nightstand.

A bottle of pills.

I could see a little bit of rage start to pick up in Camila's person but she clenched her jaw to contain her true feelings. "Lauren, what are these?" Her index finger pointed to the bottle.

Lauren slowly turned her head and smiled, "Oh, well I couldn't go to sleep at all last night. So, Mom had some sleeping pills stashed in the guest bathroom. And I just thought I'd take a few."

"More like five." I muttered, staring at her sloppy figure.

"Hey." Lauren whined, "I just wanted to get some sleep." She took another bite of her waffle and giggled, "The effects just last longer than they should."

"Camila, go put the bottle back in the cabinet please." I asked her nicely in the hopes that leaving for a second would make her cool down.

Once she walked out of the room, Lauren pushed her hair out of her face and sadly took another bite. "She's mad, huh?"

"Yeah."

"Are you?"

I shook my head, "Not at all. I know why you couldn't sleep. But if it becomes a habit, I will be mad. I'm tired of having bad things in my life."

"I understand." She responded, setting the waffle on the plate.

I looked into her eyes and had a strong feeling pile up in my stomach. It was a guilty emotion. I felt like I needed to tell her about what Camila was planning to do. So, I began spilling the beans, "Lauren, I have to tell you something."

She picked up the waffle and bit off another piece, "Okay."

"Today, When we-"

"Y/N," Camila said walking back into the room, "Mom wants us to stop by the store on the way back to pick up some hotdog and hamburger buns."

I stopped what I was doing and nodded, "Okay, let's go."

Lauren exclaimed, "But what about?"

I turned my head to mouth the word 'later' to her. I didn't want her to alert Camila at all.

Camila leaned in to peck Lauren's lips and sternly tell her, "Sober the fuck up before the barbecue. Okay?" Lauren nodded in response and watched Camila walk out of the room.

I pecked Lauren's lips after Camila left but Lauren put her hand behind my neck to pull me into a much deeper kiss. Something I didn't expect but I didn't fight it.

She pulled away and I looked at her amazed. Her rough voice rasped, "Whatever you were going to tell me; I'm sure it'll be fine."

I nodded and faked a smile because I didn't want to alert her that it wouldn't.

"I'll see you both at twelve. Okay?" Lauren told me.

"Okay. Love you." I responded, grabbing her door handle.

"Love you, too." She replied as I closed her bedroom door to leave her alone.

+

a/n:

SHES NOT GOING TO HAVE AN ADDICTION OR DIE. SO, DO NOT START WITH THAT SHIT, BABES.

oh yeah and September 25th 😈

-agf