sixteen

YOUR POV

I left on a plane to London without a word to anyone. I used the card that I got from the girls that had the money they were paid for my safekeeping on it. Once Camila left and Lacy came in, I knew I had to get out of there as well. Lacy tried to calm me down and begged me to stay at least for the night.

"Y/N, you're running away. You have to face everything in life if you want to get through it. You have to face the facts that it wasn't meant to be with Camila and Lauren." Lacy advised in the best way she could considering she still hates the girls and this situation makes it worse. "This might be the best situation for you to get away and start over."

I had the nerve to shove her against the wall and beat her up myself. My hands balled into fists, but the thought of Lauren rubbing off on me like that was something that I couldn't live with. I didn't want to hurt anyone. I wanted to hurt Lauren, but I knew that would only
cause more issues. I grabbed my duffle and left. There was nothing I could say that could put her in my shoes.

No one would understand how I feel. I put up with so much for so many years because I wanted our relationship to last forever. Dreaming every day that things would change, and we would be so in love that nothing else would matter. We tried that for a long time. Tried pretending that everything was okay and normal. Trying to look past the horrible moments because when there were good moments, they were really good.

Nothing was good anymore. Not even the flight to London. The ride was full of constant turbulence, and loud people. I couldn't stand being in that plane at some point. It was like the noise mixed with the thoughts in my head were driving me crazy. I rushed to the bathroom and locked myself in for nearly 15 minutes during a mental breakdown that was mixed with a slight anxiety attack. It wasn't a good idea to hop on a plane as soon as I went through a traumatic event because the walls were so small already that it seemed like the lavatory didn't have too much space left to close in on me.

The only reason I know I was in there for fifteen minutes was because a flight attendant eventually knocked on the door to check on me. I'm guessing she was assuming I was having trouble with airsickness. Once the plane touched down, and I was out of the gate, I felt more at ease and comfortable. My claustrophobia was slowly starting to disperse from my mind.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see Camila had called me. I had completely forgot she wanted to talk to me one last time yesterday. This was as good of a time as any because this would be the last time that a i talked to either of them. I slid the notification of her missed call to the right and my phone began calling her. The ring lasted ten seconds and she answered. "Y/N?" Her voice was hopeful. Almost as if she was waiting by the phone for me to call her. Unlike Lauren, I kept my word.

"Yeah, it's me, Camila. I was just calling to make sure everything turned out okay for you." I messed with my hair nervously. Feeling the slightly oiled locks, made me realize that I really needed a shower. I tried to think more about my hair in the hopes that her voice wouldn't break me down.

"Yeah, we're okay. Everything is fine again. Just fine." Camila didn't sound believable. In fact, it seemed like she was trying to make me feel sorry or envious in some way.

"I'm glad. I hope the best for you two." A slight crack in my voice broke out in the middle of my sentence.

"Y/N, wait." She stopped me because she knew I was about to say goodbye. I had nothing else to say to her. "I want to know you'll be okay."

"I don't know what's about to happen, Camila. No one does."

"Promise me." She demanded, as the passion emanated from her voice.