Chapter 30

Not too much to say, but I'll let you know that I'm uploading the rest of it today. Sorry it's been so long and sorry my comments are so brief.

Enjoy it! And I love everyone who has always supported me:)

And also, this is a critical chapter...it's going to be interesting to see how everyone reacts, so please comment!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 30

     In the morning I woke up to the light pitter-patter of snow on the roof. Turning in bed, I wished I hadn’t woken up until the moment I realized that it was Christmas Eve. Glancing at the clock I slowly got out of bed trying to figure out if I was excited or not. It was considerably late, almost noon, so I decided that it would be okay to be excited.

     With a smile I got out of bed and walked across the hall to the bathroom. I washed my face and hair. Then, when my hair was washed, I put mouse in it and let it air dry so I could curl it later that day. Something was different about today; when I looked in the mirror I loved what I saw.

     Cassie was already downstairs. I discovered her watching T.V. and eating eggo waffles. The last eggo waffles might I add. But I let it slip because it was Christmas Eve.

     “Morning, sis.” I said, eyeing up her last waffle.

     “Good morning?” her eyes narrowed and focused on me as I plopped down on the couch next to her. “What are you doing?”

     “Gee, I’m sorry.” I spoke sarcastically. “I didn’t realize that I wasn’t allowed to watch the news with my own sister in my own house.

     “Since when do you watch the news?”

     “Since now.”

     “I see.” She took a bite of her waffle and I heard the enticing crunch. I knew at that moment that if I didn’t take her last waffle I was going to regret it all day.

     “Oh my God!” I screamed. “Look!” I pointed my hand towards outside. My sister swung her head towards the window to see what I was pointing at. Then I closed in, stealing her waffle and running up the stairs.

     Cassie fish-tailed around and proceeded to chase me up the stairs wailing, “Give me my waffle!” Ignoring her, I continued running up the stairs, but somehow, she got to close to me so I began back down the stairs. Once at the bottom of the stairs, Cassie tackled me. I tired shoving the waffle in my mouth, but as I did, she jerked on my arm, causing me to miss. As I cradled the waffle, Cassie jumped on top of me and we rolled and tussled on the living room floor.

     By this point we were both laughing. Neither of us, though, was going to give up. I attempted another bite at the waffle and Cassie attempted taking a bite at me. “What’s your problem?” I laughed and wiped her spit on the floor.

     “I want my waffle!” She shrieked.

     Subconsciously, I heard the door open, but I didn’t register the meaning behind it. We continued wrestling and screaming at each other.

     “Girls!” My mom yelled.

     Glancing towards her, Cassie snagged my waffle. “No!” I pulled her back down to the ground. My mother stood horrified as she watched us fight over a waffle. Then, she intervened, grabbing me and Cassie. She took the waffle, ripped it in half, and split it between us.

     When I began devouring my waffle, I realized something that I hadn’t before; Lexie and Derek stood in the living room staring down at Cassie and I. Both had amused smiles on their faces.