four

+=+=+=+=+

Inside the café, Lauren and Emmi were enjoying their time together. It was nice for Lauren to get 'to know' her little girl a little better. The toddler was quite hilarious although Lauren couldn't get very much info out of her. But what did she expect...she was talking to a two and a half year old.

"Yummy," Emmi smiled as she took a bite of her snicker doodle cookie.

"Can I have a bite?" Lauren asked of her daughter, she was absolutely starving by this point. Lunchtime was quickly approaching and there was no sign of her wife and daughter.

"Otay Mommy you have a bite," Emmi handed her mother her cookie and turned back to her hot cocoa.

"Mmm," Lauren closed her eyes after taking a small bite of the delicious treat. "You are very right, that is very yummy," Lauren sighed as she took another bite, oh how she loved cookies.

"Can I have a bite too?" a voice from behind asked.

Lauren nearly jumped out of her chair but smiled when Camila came into her full view. "Don't do that, you startled me."

"Sorry," Camila grinned. "Didn't mean to," she kissed her cheek sweetly.

"Did you guys find a tree?" Lauren asked as she handed the cookie back to Emmi.

Anahí nodded, a huge smile covering her face. "Yeah Mommy, it's the best tree ever!"

"The best tree ever?" Lauren gushed. "Well, it must be something special then."

"It is, Mommy, it is," Anahí couldn't stop smiling. "You are just going to love it! And Emmi you will too!"

"Well, I can't wait to see it," Lauren said, beginning to stand up, Camila offering her hands to help. "Thanks babe. Let's go see."

"Actually, it's paid for and all ready to go," Camila replied when Lauren was finally up.

"Oh," Lauren responded. "Well let's go home then," she laced her fingers with Camila's. "I'm so hungry."

Camila laughed, she knew her pregnant wife very well, her habits were starting to rub off on Lauren. "It is about time for lunch."

"Yeah it is," Lauren smirked. "Let's go," they each took one of their daughter's hands as they exited the café.

+=+=+=+=+

"Can you get that by yourself?" Lauren asked as she ushered the girls inside the house, Camila was behind them dragging in their huge Christmas tree.

"I think I can manage," Camila huffed as she continued past them.

"I don't have time for you to get a hernia or for you to pull out your back," Lauren grinned as Camila walked past her; she was helping the girls take off their coats in that back closet.

"Gee thanks babe, you're so caring," Camila rolled her eyes. "You know this probably would have been easier if I went through the front door."

"What honey?" Lauren asked, Camila was a lot farther away from her now and she was having a very hard time hearing her.

"Nothing," Camila called back as she made it into the family room.