Epilogue

"So, you're dating?"

Bradlee reached his hand up, and wiped the cold sweat that had formed on his forehead. With his hands now tightly clasped together, he constantly fiddled with his knuckles, weaving his fingers together.

"Yeah, we're dating." I tried to sound confident, but I could hear my voice shaking. Feeling my pulse pounding in my temples, I grabbed Bradlee's hand, and looked at my brother—John, straight in the eye.

His eyes was intense as they peered back at Bradlee and me—his usual warmth gone. His lips was pulled up into a thin line while his frozen irises sent a electrical chill down the back of my spine.

"Does Mom and Dad know?"

My cheeks heated up. Just thinking about the moment they caught Bradlee and I making out last week made me cringe. They couldn't have picked a better time to barge into the hospital like that. Needless to say my parents were completely shellshocked. But, luckily they quickly got over it after they spent some time getting to know Bradlee as a person rather than a suspect.

"They know."

He lifted his brows. "And?"

"And, they're fine with it."

He frowned, looking at Bradlee. He let his eyes roam freely, taking in his leather jacket, chains, and dark jeans. "I'm guessing the motorcycle is yours?"

Bradlee nodded, squeezing my hand. I squeezed back.

"Right." John dipped his head. "And your name is?"

"Bradlee, um Sir?"

The corners of his eyes crinkled—his face suddenly morphed into a vision of unrestrained mirth. "No need to call me, Sir. I'm not that old, you know." He chuckled, his chest rumbling. "Just call me John."

I heard Bradlee inhale slowly, his lips stretching into a full blown smile. "Nice to finally meet you, John."

John gazed at me for a split second until his eyes made its way back to Bradlee. "I see that my lovely sister has mentioned me before."

Bradlee cracked a smile. "A couple of times."

"Was that why you were sweating bullets?" When Bradlee confirmed his suspicions, John let out another laugh. "Seriously, Lily. What did you tell the poor dude?"

"Oh, come on! You know as well as I do, that you're crazy protective. I mean, did you see yourself when you walked in?"

John shrugged, lifting his elbow. "I was only playing along. It's not my fault you thought I was going to go apeshit on him."

"I have all the reasons why I should." I let go of Bradlee's hand, and stepped closer to John. "Remember how you reacted when you found out Isabella was dating Thomas?"

"That was only because I knew the things he was capable of. I was only protecting her from a broken heart."

"Okay . . . what about Dennis?"

His eyes immediately narrowed down at his name. "That bastard's five years older than you, and he was making out with you when he knew you were only ten! Who wouldn't go berserk on him?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "We were practicing for a role, John. Seriously that was almost eight years ago. Let it go."

"Fine." He crossed his arms together. "At least you never actually dated that bastard."

I cracked a smile, shifting my eyes towards the ground. "Right." If only he knew . . .

"But I thought—" My pulse quickened knowing exactly what Bradlee was going to say.