Chapter 17

“H-how—”

        “—did I know?” The smile on her face got even wider as she spoke, almost like she was enjoying the power she had over me. I was only able to nod, unable to speak.

        “Lily’s last name is Ace, isn’t it?”

        I nodded again, praying to God my cousins would do something—anything and come save me. But in the back of my mind, I knew that that wasn’t going to happen. It would look too suspicious if two guys barged in out of no where.

        She shrugged, rolling her shoulders upwards. “Everyone knows the Ace’s family in this town. You’ll have to be an idiot not to know them.” She laughed, her voice—soft and angelic. “Plus, I’d seen you with your siblings before. Even though that was a few years ago—”

        “—then how?” I couldn’t help but ask. 

        “Your bone structure,” she pointed out. “Even though you changed your outer appearance, you didn’t exactly change your face with plastic surgery. It took me awhile, but then it finally hit me,” she said, ecstatically. “No wonder why you looked so familiar when I first saw you.”

        I was tongue-tied. This girl—she’s deadly smart. I’d thought my disguise was foolproof! How the hell was I suppose to know that my damn bone structure looked the same as it did years back?  

        “—I-I um, I—” I tried to say, but ended up stuttering, beyond petrified to come up with a full coherent sentence.  

        “Oh my gosh,” she exclaimed, blowing out an exasperated breath. Running her fingers through her midnight-colored hair, her baby blue eyes stared up at me. “Please stop staring at me with that frightened look on your face. It makes me feel so uneasy!” She shivered, shaking her body like a ghost had went through her. “I’m not even going to tell anyone anyways, so rest assured.”

        I blinked, feeling my eyelashes fluttered closed. “Wait—huh?”

        She giggled, seeing the baffled look probably on my face. “Like I said, I’m not exactly sure why you’re doing this, but as long as you're not doing it for the wrong reasons, who am I to tell you what to do?”

        My eyes widened further, almost bulging out of my sockets. Feeling my pounding heart-rate slowing down, the moisture started coming back to my tongue, as the wet feeling started evaporating from my sweaty palms.

        “S-seriously?” I dared asked.

        “Lily, I’m being a serious here.” She gave me a genuine smile, as she said my name. “But don’t forget—” Her eyes cut, “—don’t hurt my brothers. If you do, I will hurt you ten folds.” Seeing the threatening glare on her face, I knew she wasn’t joking.