Chapter 4

Banner to the right is made by MSDoOD :)

***

After Demitri had said that, he disappeared into the kitchen leaving Skylar, my dad, and I in the living room. 

        “Is he ever going to come back?” I asked impatiently, eyeing Skylar.

        “When he’s done with his calls,” was all he said before he went back to staring blankly into space. 

        Giving out a loud exasperated breath, I leaned back on the couch, as I waited another twenty minutes before he finally came waltzing back in. He was in the middle of putting his phone away in his back pocket, when he gave me a wide grin.

        “Okay Lily, are you ready for your new look?” 

        “Um . . . you’re not going to be the one giving me the makeover right?” I asked warily, stepping back. No offense, but he didn’t look like someone who could even match outfits together, let alone give a teenage girl a whole new identity. 

        He gave out a loud laugh, before he shook his head. “Of course not,” he dismissed. “What do you think I was in the kitchen for? I was calling for backup.”

        “Backup?” 

        Before he could even answer, a loud buzzing sound echoed throughout the whole house, letting us know someone was at the door.

        “That must be Team A,” he said smiling. 

        “Team A?” 

        “You’ll see.” He grinned, going towards the front door. He only opened the door slightly, so I couldn’t really see who he was talking to until he let them in a few seconds later. Team A consisted of two girls who looked about thirty-years-old, with two small black cases in each of their perfectly manicured hands. They let a smile appeared on their faces when they saw me.

        “She has beautiful hair,” the girl with long black hair complimented. 

        “Agree. It’s so long, and shiny!” the other girl gushed in awe, “it’s so blonde it’s almost white!”

        “It’s a shame we’re going to have to dye it,” the calmer one said, bending down a bit. Dropping the case next to her foot, she started whispering things to her partner. Every now and then they would look at me. From the looks of it they were trying to figure out what to do with my hair. Whatever they’re trying to do, I just hope they don’t cut it too short. The long blonde hair was always my signature look—well beside the electric blue eyes.

        “Okay as we wait for them to decide what to do with your hair and for Team B to get here, we might as well show you this now,” Demitri spoke up, taking the seat next to me on the couch. 

        “Skylar.” Demitri held out his hand, waiting for Skylar to give him whatever he wanted. Watching Skylar, I saw him taking out an envelope from behind his back. Even though I was slightly confused on where he hid such a thing, I continued watching quietly. As he placed it on Demitri’s hands, Demitri flipped it open, laying them out on the coffee table in front of me. Three faces looked back at me.