Chapter Twenty-Four: Denied

I held my breath as Blake began to explain himself to Pierce and I. I hoped to god that he wasn’t going out with Siri because it would make me really mad. No one should be manipulated by that little devil.

“It’s not like that. I promise!!” Blake whispered in a hushed voice. I heard some shuffling in the background. “Siri, can you please get out of this room? I’m making an important business call!”

“But, Blakey-poo. I’m bored!!” I could barely make out what she said through her whining.

“Please,” Blake’s voice was muffled. He probably put down the phone to deal with the blonde bimbo, “…just leave.”

We both heard a door slam. I looked over at Pierce and raised my eyebrows. It seems like Blake really doesn’t like Siri, and I let out a sigh of relief.

As we heard someone pick up the phone again, Pierce asked, “So, what was up with that? Why is Siri hanging on to you like a little flea?”

Blake chuckled at the description, “Flea? Well honestly, I have no idea. She never really liked me before. Right when Melanie and Karter left, she decided to hang out with me a lot. And I just began to realize how truly annoying she is.”

“Oh,” I laughed humorously, “You JUST realized?”

“Okay, fine…maybe not JUST realized. But you know what I mean,” Blake sighed in annoyance, “Having Siri following me around everywhere does not help my situation. If anything, she actually adds more stress to my life.”

After Blake expressed more of his hatred towards Siri, Pierce and I just laughed at him. It seems like now that Blake is the new owner of the company, he has been getting more attention from Siri. We agreed that we all thought she is just using him…just like how she used Pierce. I felt bad for Blake, but I’m sure he will find a way to get rid of her. He is smart enough to accomplish that…I hope.

After our hour long conversation with him, Pierce and I decided to go out for a bite to eat. It was only 9am on a Friday, so we made our way to New York City. We had plenty of time to spare and to explore the city before Pierce had to attend his afternoon classes at NYU.

Yeah, he’s going to school at NYU now. He actually found a way to get into the school that late by meeting with an admissions officer. Apparently, he convinced his way into the school. I am not too surprised about that because I know his personality is like a magnet. And I’m not saying that because I am with him. But he is also well qualified to go there. I’m not exactly sure how his classes work out, but he is in the premed program and currently training to become a doctor.

I sighed in content as we walked down the bustling street of New York. No matter what time of day it was, there were always people crowded on the streets.

People around us walked by in a brisk manner, half of them on their cell phones. They all seemed so official and businesslike. Not much of a surprise though, since we were in the business district. Nothing much changed from how I remembered it to be about five months ago. It was sort of weird seeing how the world could go on around you while your life is taking a 180 degree twist. Now that I am technically a multibillionaire/celebrity because of Chief, I definitely view things in a different way.