Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Boys Are Back In Town

A/N: Sorry for the crappy updating schedule, guys :( But no worries. This novel is actually finished now :D So expect normal updating from now on (probably one chapter every three or four days). I hope you like this!!

Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Boys Are Back In Town

My heart stopped. What did they do to Blake? When I finally found my voice again, I screamed, “WHAT?!!?!”

“Blake. Is. Gone.” Karter emphasized each word.

Holy shit. I repeated in my head a million times. My heart restarted itself and is now beating a mile a minute. This is not happening.

“Melanie! Are you still here?” Karter asked in a worried tone. I guess he was talking to me, but nothing was registering in my mind.

“Yeah, sorry. It’s just…” I paused. “Wait. How do you know?” I asked skeptically. If this was a prank, Karter will not live to see tomorrow.

“I’m actually at the mansion right now for a visit. But when I came back, everyone was gone. I’m standing in my room right now, and I’m a little freaked out.”

“Hold up. EVERYONE is gone…even Chief?” I asked, confused.

“Yeah. I know Chief is in the Caribbean right now to celebrate his retirement…at least that’s what Evander told me. It makes sense, though, because he hasn’t been picking up his phone or anything,” Karter explained. “But Blake, Siri, and Evander are all not here.”

I heard a door slam on his side of the phone. “That’s really weird,” I panicked. “Do you think Evander took Blake and killed him?!?”

Karter let out a hearty laugh. “Breathe a little, Mel. Don’t worry. Even though the Montgomery family seems a little shady, I doubt they will kill anyone!” I couldn’t help but smile at his response. So we all thought that the duo was creepy.

“Okay, let’s say that Blake wasn’t kidnapped. Where would he run to? And why would he leave the mansion without a trace?” I wondered out loud.

I heard Karter opening another door. “No need to worry about your kidnapping theory. I doubt a kidnapper would let their hostage pack half of their closet!”

 “So Blake wasn’t kidnapped,” I breathed a sigh of relief. “But that barely helps anything! Where is Blake right now?”

“Hum…” Karter thought for a moment. “I have no idea.”

Suddenly, my doorbell rang.

“Was that the doorbell?” Karter asked.

“Yeah,” I stood up from my chair with the phone. “Hold on a second. Pierce probably forgot to take the key when he left the house. I’ll open the door for him.” I quickly put the phone down on the table and ran to the door. I had to tell Pierce the news about Blake.