Chapter 7

“Blood Bound”

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 7

Leo lifted Shelby into his arms.  She succumbed to the darkness once again and it confounded him to no end as to why she was awake in the first place.  During a conversion, a newly made vampire would typically sleep through most of the seventy two hour process with the exception of the required feedings.

So why did she wake in the first place?

Leo tucked his little bride to be back in the bed and sat down beside her.  Taking his hand, he lightly caressed her cheek and reveled in the simple softness of her skin underneath his fingertips. It was such a small pleasure, one that he would have never gave a second thought to in the past but one that he yearned for now.

The beautiful blond had changed Leo.  Changed him in ways that he had never thought about before.  He had always thought if frivolous and silly when his siblings found their life partners and then there was the way they always seemed to look into each others eyes as if the other hung the moon.  Before he thought it was all non-sense, a devil’s trickery.

But now.... now he got it.  Having Shelby in his bed has changed his entire perspective on life, what was important and what was not so important.  Shelby was his life now.  She was the one soul that his heart beat for and there wasn’t much that he would not do to make his bride happy.  

Bending over her still sleeping form, Leo gently pressed a kiss on her forehead and caught the heavenly scent of her blood calling out to him.  It was such a earthy rich scent that Leo suddenly had to force himself to stand up and back away from Shelby. 

He had yet to feed himself and the enticing scent was so strong that if he lingered he knew that he would not be able to stop himself from taking what he wanted and that would not be good. Feeding from his sweet Shelby right now would be detrimental to her, she was still too weak and there was no way that he could chance taking too much from her at this point.

Not when she was so close to finally being his.

But the scent was so irresistible.  It was tempting him, calling to him and his fangs elongated at the prospect of just taking a small sip from her vein.  One sip, his inner beast taunted, just one small sip to wet the pallet.  Swallowing hard past the fire that was now burning in the back of his throat and then blowing out a deep breath, Leo knew he needed to get out of that room.  He needed to distance himself from his dark Angel before he unknowingly did something that he would come to regret later.

His control was hanging by a thin thread and for a moment that lack of restraint caught him off guard.  He had always been one of strict composure and perfect countenance. 

So what's wrong with me now?

The lithe little blond lying in his bed had somehow broken through those carefully composed walls and quickly shattered all of his reasoning in one felt swoop.  He had no control when it came to her and that scared the living hell out him.

With a wave of his hand, Leo dissolved into the shadows of the darkness and went in search for his servant.  Ric had to have corralled him some food by now, at least he better have if he knew what was good for him.  Leo was not a man of patience, especially the way his hunger was currently riding him so damn hard right now.