Chapter 19

“Blood Bound”

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 19

    Shelby could only stare back at Leo.  There was just something in the way that he was watching her, something purely predatory that affected her in the most elemental of ways. It captivated her, intrigued and scared the hell out of her all at the same time.

    Tightening her hands into fists by her sides, she took a step back, unsure of what she should do.  She was trying to reign in the tumultuous feelings that were assaulting her all at once but yet there was this incredible pull that seemed to magnetize her to him.  She had never felt this imbalanced in her life.

    He beckoned and he called to her, but there was more to it than that.  So much more that she was having trouble processing it all at once.  Her body felt divided. A part of it wanting to go to him as he demanded; the more sensible part was wary of his intentions.

    She felt a hunger begin to gnaw deep in her gut and it wasn’t just a normal hunger; it was a carnal hunger that begged to be fed.  It set her insides a flame and every second that they stood there, those flames grew in intensity.  She was burning inside and she had this feeling that only one person would be able to cool her off.  Or rather one particular vampire and he just so happened to be standing in front of her.

    “Follow your instincts Shelby.”  She startled at the sound of Anissa’s whispering voice from behind her.  Glancing over her shoulder, she looked back at her with all of the uncertainty that she was feeling and pleaded for help.

    “Go,” her friend urged in return, gently giving her a small push in Leo’s direction.  “This is how it’s supposed to be.”

    “Shelby, come.” Leo said simply, pulling her attention back to him.

    She snapped her head back around and their gazes locked.  The pull between them was undeniable.  Her feet started moving on their on accord, one foot after the other, step after step. 

    In a span of seconds, she stood before him, her legs shaking with anticipation.  She couldn’t tear her eyes away from his face, she wasn’t even sure that she wanted to anymore. 

    Leo touched her cheek with the pad of his fingers, bent down to her level and angled his head in the perfect position.  He had no words to say, the time for words was long passed.  Leaning in, he closed that little space between them and took her lips in a passionate kiss.

    She was shocked by the initial sensations rioting within her.  His lips touched hers and it was like a bomb exploded inside of her.  The ground shifted underneath her feet and the air crackled to life around them; all she could smell was his distinct masculine scent of cloves and sheer domineering maleness.  It infiltrated her senses and marked her for life. 

    Leo wrapped his arms around his bride.  By her eager response to him; he knew he had her.  Their time had finally arrived and it was a long time coming.  Not bothering with extricating their mouths; he flashed them back to the beach that they had first dream walked together. 

    The smell of salt in the air jolted Shelby to a new alertness.  She pulled her mouth away from Leo’s  and blinked her eyes several times as she took in her new surroundings.

    Leo left her lips and began to pepper her jaw with butterfly kisses, warm kisses that left behind a delicious flutter in their wake.  Her feel, her taste, her scent, everything about her; drew him.  He couldn’t get enough of his bride and was fast approaching the brink of his control.

    “Where are we?”  Shelby asked in complete awe.

    “Do you recognize anything?” Leo whispered against her cool skin.  “Is it familiar?”  He continued with his own lazy exploration as she fought to hold on to the last of her senses.