Chapter 11

Thank you ninjacomesnaturally for the wonderful new cover, I must say, it's awesome my friend.   :)

"Blood Bound"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 11

Leo gathered up Shelby into his arms, cradling her to his chest.  She didn’t protest his touch and he was taken aback by how small she looked in his arms.  Her eyes were closed and her hands clutched her middle; the sadness drawn on her face was almost too much for him to bear.

More than anything he just wanted to see her smile, a small smile that would light up her face as bright as the morning sun.  He would gift her with the universe if she would only smile for him. 

Glancing around the alley, Leo got ready to wave his hand and teleport them back to his bedroom when he remembered her earlier warning.  She didn’t care for that mode of transportation and she had made that fact more than clear to him. 

Only wanting to honor her wishes, Leo lamented.  He felt, for her sake, that it would be better if they just walked home instead.  The cooler night air welcomed them and after being cooped up in his chambers for three days,  some exposure could only do Shelby some good.

With his bride in his arms, Leo stalked with purpose out of the alley.  Many eyes were drawn to them as he walked down the side walk in the city.  Leo carried an air of danger and mystery around him every where that he went.  Many who crossed his path, instinctively fled out of his way.

It only made sense that as he moved with the deadly grace of a predator that they would draw attention.  Leo kept his focus though, he cared nought for the weak humans that gawked as he went by, his only concern was the angel nestled in his arms.

An hour later, Leo strode into his home.  It was unusually quiet and if truth be told he was glad of that.  He really was not up to entertaining Tatiana or his mother for that matter.  His only desire was to take his bride to their chamber where they could be alone and hold her to him, comforting her while their hearts beat in perfect synchronization.

He wanted to bond with his bride, he wanted to meld with Shelby in the most elemental of ways.  Leo had waited so many years for her and now that he had her, it was burning him up inside to be with her, bind them in a blessed union so that she would know exaclty what she meant to him. 

He walked up his spiraling stair case, taking great care not to jostle and wake Shelby.  At some point on the walk home, she had drifted off to sleep.  Her sweet breath escaped in short puffs that fanned over his neck and it amazed him that something as simple as breathing could strike him so deeply.

Once he reached the top of the stair case, he paused, coming face to face with his mother.  Their gazes caught and for an interment amount of time, the two faced off with each other.  Two sets of midnight black eyes, boring into each other, waiting for the first one to break.

Isabella broke first, "Leo," she sighed and frowned at the small bundle he held in his arms, "Please, think about what you are doing.  Tatiana would be so much better-"