Chapter 9

"Blood Bound"

2011 Copyright  All Rights Reserved

Chapter 9

Leo jumped back as if he had been burned something fierce as Shelby continued to scream like a woman possessed.  He held his hands up in surrender not sure what it was that he should do next.  She was screaming so loud that her face was beginning to turn a peculiar shade of ruby red and at one point he had thought that she was about to stop but instead she took a deep breath and continued to scream again, even louder this time.

Knowing that he needed to do something and do it rather quickly before everyone in the house stormed his room, Leo took a tentative step forward and lifted his hand, only meaning to calm her, when Shelby suddenly stopped screaming and stared at his hand as if it contained the black plague.  Frowning at the sudden change, he dropped his hand back to his side and just stood there for a moment to see what she would do next.

"Shelby," he said her name questionably and then very cautiously took another baby step towards her.  "Are you okay?"

Shelby could not believe that this man, no, this monster she corrected herself,  had the gall to even ask her that question.  She took a step towards Leo so that they were now standing toe to toe.  For the briefest of seconds she had to fight the sudden strange urge to wrap her arms around his neck thereby plastering her body against his.  Taking a deep breah, she regained her composure by blowing out a deep breath and roughly shoving her pointer finger in his chest.  "Am I alright?!  Are you seriously asking me if I am okay?!"  She all but yelled at him.

Leo's eyes widened at her spark of outrage.  He began to try and speak to her before she held up her hand up in front of him, palm facing out, cutting off any words that he was getting ready to say.

Shelby was by no means finished and was more then eager to start again, "Hell no, I'm not okay!  Look at me," she said pointing back to herself.  "Look at what you have done to me for crying out loud.  I have fangs for Chris sakes.  Long pointy teeth that at one time I thought I would only see in a bad Hollywood movie.  Now all I ave to do is look in the mirror and I even drank your blood.  Tell me Mister, what in the world would make you think that I would be okay with any of this."

Shelby's chest was heaving from the exertion of her rant and Leo's eyes were instantly drawn to her chest.  For a minute all he could think about was cupping those beautiful breast of hers in his hands and how soft they feel when he held them.

"Ugghhh" She groaned again when it was clear that Leo was not paying attention to a word that she was saying. 

Honestly, he could not even understand exactly what Shelby's  problem was.  He gave her the one thing that any other human would love to have, many have killed trying to get it.  It was such a rare and powerful gift, the gift of immortality. 

'Sweet," he started and again went to try and touch her only to have his hand conveniently smacked away, "I don't understand.  You are a superior being now.  You are absolutely beautiful and you are so perfect in every way.  What is all of this nonsense that has you so upset?  Are you hungry?  Do you need to feed?"