Chapter 29

“Blood Bound”

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 29

Leo braced himself. He refused to let his bride kill the blood slave. He knew that when she realized what she had done, she would be devastated. As her life partner it was up to him to take care of Shelby and protect her with all that he was, even if he had to protect her from herself.

“Shelby,” he crooned and made sure to keep his voice soft. “You’ve had enough my sweet. I’m begging you to please not force my hand in this. It would be so much easier if you dropped the slave and took a step away.”

She slowly pulled her mouth away from the blood slave’s neck and her lips curled up in a wicked snarl but in no uncertain terms did she release her prey from her stronghold. She held the slip of a human tightly by the nape of the neck, glaring daggers in Leo’s direction. “Mine!”

His entire body tightened with desire. Despite the fact that he was going to have to take her down, he couldn’t help but to notice just how gorgeous she really was. She was standing there in all of her true vampire glory; her eyes glowing with the power from her recent feeding humming through her veins and her pointed newborn fangs shimmered brilliantly under the fluorescent lighting; both of them dripping with remnants of the crimson blood she had ingested. He was sorely tempted to hold her down and clean the tips of those beautiful fangs with his tongue.

Later, he told himself. His desire would have to wait until he could get his little bride under control.

“Shelby,” he repeated her name and took a step forward.

She took a step back and bent low, holding her prey closer to her chest. She pulled her lips back and hissed at him. “Mine!”

He shook his head. “No, she’s not. She was sent to you to use but now you’ve had enough. It’s time to give her back to the elders.”

“No!” she hissed again and dragged her prey even closer to her. Shelby sank her fangs back into the unconscious human and began to drink in large gulps.

“Alright, you can’t say that I didn't warn you sweetheart.” Leo said sounding resigned just before he lunged. In a move that was so quick that even Shelby’s pin slit eyes couldn’t track, he pulled her into his arms and left the human lying in the floor.

Her back was flush against Leo’s hard chest and he circled her mid section with his arms, chaining her hands to her sides. Shelby screamed out words that he couldn’t understand. She bit deep into his arm but he didn’t feel anything but his Brides pain.

Holding her tighter he whispered into her mine. Do what you need to do my sweet, get it all out. Bite me, claw me, kick me- whatever you need to sate the blood lust, I’m here for you.

The whispered words acted as more of a trigger. He wasn’t expecting the burst of energy she used to break his hold on her. She threw her arms up and spun around, sending a kick to his stomach that sent him flying backwards into the wall and landing on his ass for the second time today.

He held his head with his hands and tried to focus on Shelby. When he looked at her, there were two  Shelby’s staring back at him, locked into a fighting stance. He blinked to clear his vision and very slowly went to stand up. “Shelby,” he held his hands up, palms facing out in surrender, “please come to me.”

She answered him with a growl. He barely had enough time to sidestep when she came at him again. This time, she missed him and she went sprawling face first into the wall. The sound that she made was feral.