Chapter 17

"Blood Bound"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 17

Ric sat down on a woolen couch in the parlor and waited for his Master. Sitting alone in the dark, he was plagued with the whole dining room scene re-playing over and over in his head. All he kept seeing was his precious Tatiana flying across the room and the despondent look on her face when Leo told her to leave his home.

The very fact that he had told her to leave, one of his own kind, over that feeble pet of his was humiliating to say the least. How could he choose her over a true born? Ric couldn't even begin to fathom the logic there.

As he sat there alone with nothing but the darkness of the room for company, Ric's thoughts turned to the frail looking human that Leo was so taken with. She was nothing more than a pint size pig squeak. That being the case, Ric had to wonder how in the hell did she survive a shifter attack?

It had to be luck- that or a Guardian Angel. There was simply no other explanation. It wouldn't happen a second time though. Ric was going to be sure of that, even if he had to do the damn job himself.

But it should have been so simple. They were to go in, get rid of her and then that would be it. Leo would have had no choice but to turn to Tatiana for comfort. Then, when things eventually settled down and the time was right; they could have disposed of him as well, inheriting the Risso titles and fortune in the process.

The plan had been so easy that a four year old should have been able to follow through with it. But when you leave it in the hands of mangy coyotes; nothing is easy. It surprised him how the dumb animals managed to get dressed in the morning. They were useless.

Never-less, the past is the past. None of it really mattered anymore. That little human scum would get her just rewards; he would make sure of that and afterwards the chips should fall into their rightful place just as he and Tatiana had previously planned.  

Revenge was better saved for desert anyway. It was much sweeter like that.

Heavy foot steps clomped down the hall and Ric knew instantly that it was his Master. Standing up, he moved into the shadow by the wall, waiting for his arrival.

"Ric," Leo bellowed upon entering the room. "Where are you?"

Ric stepped out of the shadow and stared obediently up at his Master. "I'm here sir."

Leo whirled around to face his servant. Not wasting any time with frivolous matters; he got straight to the point. "First of all, I want to know why shifters were in my Brides apartment back in Paris." His eyes flashed a dangerous black glint and for the briefest of seconds Ric felt a wave of fear wash over him.