Chapter 15

"Blood Bound"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 15

    Tatiana bounded into the dining room, a tight bundle of nerves and tension.  She was looking for one person in particular, Ric.  It was there that she found him, standing demurely by the window staring out into the night.

    "Have you heard anything?" She asked anxiously.  She wrung her hands in front of her and waited for his response.  It had been almost twenty four hours since they had last heard from the shifters they had hired and with no word, she was beyond getting antsy.

    "No", he said quietly, shaking his head.  "At least not from them directly," he added and turned around so that he was facing her.  He was momentarily struck still by Tatiana's ethereal beauty.  After a long pause,  he blinked and forced himself to continue, "I- I did make a phone call to their Alpha and he pointed out that it wasn't unusual for the two of them to lay low after a job.  So," he said with some resignation, I guess all we can do now is continue to wait."

    She frowned at him.  "I hate waiting," she grumbled.  That half pint is nothing but a fledgling Ric; she should be easy pickings for two shifters.  Why haven't we heard anything yet?"  The worry was clearly written all over her face.

    "Their coyotes babe," he stated as if that should have explained everything.  "Who know's how their tiny little brains work.  I'm sure we'll be getting word anytime now that our little problem has been taken of."

    Tatiana rolled her eyes.  "You sound so certain about this."

    Ric gifted her with an easy smile, "That's because I am."

     She didn't feel quite as confident as he.  If anything she was certain of it was Leo's persistence and it seemed like when it came to his new pet, he had that in spades.  If Leo knew what they were planning it would wasted no time in tearing out their hearts with his own bare hands.  Crossing her arms over her chest, she shuddered at the image.  "What if he finds out Ric?  What if he finds out that we are the ones that ordered her death?  What then?"

     Ric crossed the room in half a second and pulled Tatiana in his arms.  She looked up at him, uncertainty glimmering in her eyes.  "He won't find out Tatiana," Ric assured her, his dark eyes flashing with conviction.  "I have covered up all connections to us with those shifters.  I promise you that he will never know."

     "But-" she started and was soundly shut up when his lips descended on hers.  At first the kiss was soft and tentative but it quickly heated up into a fiery passion.  She wrapped her hands around his neck and pulled her body more in line with his.  His hands covered her back and she was utterly lost in the sensations that he was igniting in her system.  

     "Now, isn't this interesting," Leo remarked coolly.

     Tatiana heard the accusation in his tone and guiltily jumped away from Ric.  Her lips were still pulsating from his kisses when she turned to face Leo.  It was at that very moment the she truly despised the man.  Looking into his pitch black eyes, she hated him with a such a vehemence she could almost taste it in her mouth.