Chapter 9

"Hunter." I whispered, dropping to my knees next to him.
He was sitting on the floor, tears streaming down his face.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I found my mate, but she rejected me." He whispered. "It hurts."
I pulled him to me and hugged him.
"I know it hurts. Trust me. But it'll get better. I promise it does." I said. "Who?"
"Brielle." He whispered.
I growled lowly and shook my head.
I sat there and held him until he stopped crying.
I helped him up and walked over to his bed, laying down.
"I'll be fine Kaiya. I just need some time." He said.
"Call me if you need anything." I said, shutting his door.
I left his house and walked over to the pack house.
"Where's Brielle?" I asked, trying to control my anger.
She walked down the steps with a smirk on her face, already healed from earlier.
"Oh what ever could you need me for, sister dearest?" She laughed.
I growled at her and stormed over. I grabbed her neck and pushed her against the wall.
"You are not my sister. You never have been and you never will be. I have my family and it's not you." I snarled.
I heard someone talking about getting Zac and Darren as I threw her into the wall.
"Why did you reject him?" I growled.
"Because. Zac is way better in bed. Plus he's not my type." She shrugged.
"I've never wanted to kill anyone as much as I want to kill you right now. But I won't. Hunter is better off without a useless whore like you. He's going to find someone and you'll regret rejecting him." I growled and turned away right as Darren came in. He took me outside and pulled me close.
"What happened?" He asked.
"She rejected Hunter." I said as we walked back to our house.
-----------------------------------------
Brielle's POV:
After Kaiya left Zac carried me upstairs to our room and asked what happened. So I told him. Everything from the rejection to Kaiya getting mad.
"How dare she hurt you." He growled. "Especially over another male! It should only be me!" He yelled, throwing his hands up in the air.
"I thought you were over her. I thought you loved me." I whispered.
"I do. It was my wolf." He said.
This isn't the first time he's used that excuse.
"Okay." I whispered. "I'm going to bed."
He nodded and left the room.
I laid awake for a while, thinking about Hunter. I made a mistake, but I have Zac.
He says he loves me.
So I went to sleep, trying to convince myself that Zac actually loved me like he says he does.