Chapter 17

It's been 2 weeks since the proposal. Zac was less than happy when he found out but I didn't care, nothing could kill my happiness.
Darren and I told Hunter and Darius about Zac being a traitor and we had a plan.
We're telling Zac that we're leaving tomorrow morning and attacking their hideout from the west.
When actually as soon as he leaves to tell them we leave right away and attack from the east. I've already told both of the packs the plan when Zac and Brielle weren't around, even though she isn't a traitor I didn't want her to talk about it in front of him.
Our goal is to go quietly at first and kill off as many as we can before the others notice. Quick and quiet.

Darren opened the door, bringing me out of my thoughts.
"Addy is sleeping. I leave in 3 hours." He said.
"I?" I asked. He nodded and I shook my head, glaring at him.
"No Darren. Don't start this. I'm going. I can help. I won't sit here while you go out and risk you're life over something that is because of me."
He shook his head at me and sighed.
"Kaiya. I can't lose you. If I do I'll lose myself." He sighed.
"What happens when I lose you Darren? I can't go through that knowing that I could've helped. I love you too much to let you make me stay behind. I'm going."
I said, brushing past him and out of the our room. I ran downstairs and outside.
How dare he tell me I can't go.
As I was thinking I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I ran into someone.
When I looked up I was met with Percy's eyes.
"Kaiya! I was looking for you." He said.
"I've been found."
"I just wanted to tell you something before it's too late." He said quietly. "I'm sorry for everything I've ever done. I'm sorry. You're my sister and I should've never done any of it. I just wanted to fit in with everyone else. I'm a terrible brother and I understand if you don't forgive me but I just needed to tell you that I'm sorry."
I didn't trust my voice so I just nodded as he walked away. Do I forgive him?
I went back to the house and went up to my room. Darren was gone.
I went to the closet and changed into a pair of black leggings with a dark blue shirt.
I kept on thinking about tonight. I don't want people to die because of me.
After I was ready I went downstairs and yelled for Darren. We have 15 minutes until the meeting in Zacs office. I texted him and sat at the counter.
I was twirling my ring on my finger when he walked in.
"Let's go." He said.
I tried to walk by him, but he grabbed my arm, pulling me to him.
"Kaiya." He said quietly. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to lose you"
"I know Darren. I get it. But I can't just sit around and let people die because of me. This is my battle. I will fight."
He nodded and we walked to the pack house.

"So you're telling me that we leave at 6:00 in the morning and arrive at about 7:00 from the west?" Zac asked. I nodded and Brielle scoffed.
"Problem?" I asked.
"I don't want to wake up that early."
"You are so selfish." I stood up and threw my hands in the air. "If you want to sit around and do nothing while your pack fights and some die then fine you selfish bitch. Do whatever the hell you want like normal."
I stormed out of the office and Darren followed me. He pulled me into a hug and held me.
"I don't know how I'm related to her."
"I know Kaiya. I know." He said.

I had Hunter keeping an eye on Zac so we know when he leaves. I walked into the closet and put on a pair of black sweatpants and a black sports bra.
I was putting my hair in a ponytail when my phone went off.
He left.

"Zac left." I told Darren.
He nodded and we walked outside as Darren mind linked everyone.