Chapter 11

We were all sitting in the kitchen when Zac mid linked everyone. 
Everyone. Outside. Now.
We all walked outside and over to the pack house where Zac was standing with a guy I've never seen before.
"Everyone. This is my cousin Layton." He spoke. "He will be staying with us from now on because some of his pack was destroyed by hunters, the rest of them ran off."
He kept talking but I couldn't listen. One word bounced around my head. Hunters.
And then it all went black.
-----------------------------------------
Kaiya's Dream State:
"Kaiya." A voice spoke.
I opened my eyes and looked around.
In front of me stood a woman with long, pale white hair. She had blue eyes and a white dress.
I bowed my head as I realized I was standing in front of the moon goddess.
"My child." She spoke. "Lift your head. Do not bow to me. You are my child, not my slave."
I looked up and she smiled at me.
"The hunters are coming. They will arrive in 4 months time. Be prepared. You need to have all wolves on your side. The hunters are coming for you, my dear. You cannot let them succeed. They plan to find a way to take your place and rule the supernatural world with us as their slaves. You need to make sure they don't. And I have a way to make sure of that. It is the only thing that can save us."
"What do you mean?" I asked as she closed her eyes.
She put her hand on my head as she mumbled something.
"When you wake up you will find that you can do things no other wolf can. You will be untouchable when wanted."
"What does that mean?" I asked.
"Close your eyes." She said. "Now imagine a wall building around you."
I did as she said and opened my eyes.
"What the heck." I mumbled, looking at the bubble that I was in.
"You'll need this to protect yourself. But there's something else." She said. "You're going to be able to move things without your hands. That you will have to practice on your own, our time is up."
And then she faded away as it went black.
________________________I opened my eyes and looked around.
"How long was I out?" I asked, seeing that everyone was still standing around.
"Only a minute or so." Darren said, helping me up.
I nodded and looked at him.
"We need to talk. But not here." I whispered.

"We have four months." I said as everyone looked at me. "Four months and the hunters will be back."
"And how do you know this?" Brielle asked.
"I have my ways." I said, glaring at her.
"You can't just tell us this and expect us to listen." She rolled her eyes. "You're just a runt. Nothing more."
I growled, walking over to her and grabbing her hair.
"Listen to me Brielle. We might share blood but you are nothing to me. I will still kill you if you continue to disrespect me."
She growled and shoved me.
I growled back and punched her in the face.
She shifted and lunged for me.
I moved out of the way and kicked her side, sending her to the ground.
She tried to get up but I shifted into my wolf, pinning her down.
She tried to kick me off but I stayed on her, growling lowly.
She looked at me before turning her head, showing submission.
I got off and shifted back as she did the same.
She stepped away, keeping her head down as I turned to everyone else.
"Who's with me?" I asked.
Slowly everyone's hands raised and I nodded.
"Okay then. Everyone meet me here tomorrow at noon. We will train and we will train hard." I said. They all nodded and dispersed.
I was pleased with myself until Zac pulled me aside.
"Look, Kaiya. I made a huge mistake. I love you and I want you. You are mine. Not his. Mine." Zac growled. I growled back and glared at him.
"That's where you're wrong." I said. "I am his and he is mine. You are nothing to me. I hate you Zac. I will never love you like I love Darren. Now. If you don't mind. My mate is waiting for me in our room." I glared and walked away, leaving him with tears spilling down his cheeks.

I got to our house and I could smell Brielle. I growled as i followed her scent up to our room and heard yelling.
"Get out!" Darren yelled.
"But baby. I know you want me as much as I want you. I can feel your desire you have for me." She tried to say seductively.
"I only want my mate. Which isn't you." I opened the door and saw Brielle in nothing but a robe.
She threw herself at him and kissed him. Before he even had a chance to push her off I had her up against the wall by the hair.
"Give me one good reason I shouldn't kill you." I growled out.
"Because Hunter will feel the pain." She laughed. I growled at her and yanked her hair harder.
"You're so lucky I care about him. I would kill you if I didn't." I snarled. "Get out of here and don't ever touch my mate."
"Fine. I'll be sure to have extra fun tonight with Zac." She smirked.
"Have fun." I shrugged, glaring at her as she left.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" Darren asked as we laid in bed.
So I told him about the Moon Goddess and what she said, hoping he'd believe me.
"Kaiya." He said, looking at me. "Promise me something."
"Okay." I nodded.
"You won't die." He said. "I can't lose you."
"I'm not going anywhere. I promise." I said. And I meant it.