Chapter 10

Kaiya's POV
"Hey Kaiya. I was thinking." Darren said, walking into the kitchen where I was making lunch.
"Oh really? That sounds dangerous." I giggled as he raised his eyebrows at me.
"I want to take you out tonight. Just you and me. We haven't been on a date since we arrived here." He said. 
It was true. We had been here for 2 weeks now. The pack is slowly getting better. Julianna joined us after the third day. She was sick of being bored and I thought I could use some help.
"Hey. Uh. You're kinda making me nervous." Darren muttered, snapping me out of my thoughts. I giggled and nodded my head.
"I'd love to go on a date with you." I smiled
"What about 7. Tonight. I'll be downstairs waiting for you. Wear something casual." He said.
I nodded. I could work with that.
This means Julianna is going to want to help me.
I turned back to the stove and saw the grilled cheese were done. I turned off the stove and served our food.
After we ate I went upstairs and knocked on Julianna's door.
"Come in!" She called.
I opened the door and she sat up in bed, looking at me.
"Darren and I are going on a date. It's 2 right now. I have to be ready by 7. I figured you'd want to help." I said.
"Of course!" She squealed, jumping out of bed.
We walked into my room and she went straight to my closet as I flopped on my bed.
"So how are things with you guys?" She asked.
"Honestly?" I smiled. "They've been great. I don't remember my mom being alive, but apparently we were all happy when she was here. But this is the happiest I've ever been from what I can remember."
"That's so cute." She squealed, still sorting through the closet. "I can't wait until I find my mate. I hope he'll want me."
"Of course he will." I said. "You're basically perfect."
"I just hope he isn't in this pack." She said, walking out of the closet.
She threw a pair of white shorts and a pick shirt at me.
"Now go get ready." She said.
I nodded and went to take a shower.

After a few hours of her straightening my hair, deciding to re-curl it, then deciding to put it in a bun. I pulled out my phone and checked the time and realized it was 6:30. Only 30 minutes until I'm supposed to be downstairs.
I let Julianna do my makeup and then grabbed a pair of converse, slipping them on and thanking Julianna.
When I got downstairs Darren was standing there in a pair of jeans and a black shirt.
"Wow. You look..wow." He said.
"You don't look so bad yourself." I giggled.
He laughed and took my hand, leading me to the car and opening my door for me.
"It's only a 10 minute drive." Darren said as he started driving.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"It's a secret." He smiled.
"I'm a good secret keeper." I said.
"Well too bad." He chuckled as I groaned.
He parked the car on the side of the road and got out, opening my door for me.
I got out and he took my hand, leading me into the woods.
We got to a clearing and I was starstruck. It was amazing.
We were at a big clearing next to a pond and a waterfall.
He had a table set up with cookies and brownies. He had cushions laid down over to the right and a bag.
I walked over and opened the bag. It was mine and his swimsuits and 2 towels. I looked over at him and flung myself into his arms.
"I love it. Thank you Darren." I said.
"Anything to see that beautiful smile." He winked.
We sat down and ate, just enjoying each others company.
After we ate I went behind a tree and put on my bathing suit.
I walked out and I couldn't find Darren. I called his name and I got no answer. I frantically looked around the area. No Darren.
I ran to the edge of the water, looking in when Suddenly someone grabbed me from behind. I screamed and flipped them over my shoulder, into the water.
"Crap" I heard them yell, but I was crying too hard to register who it was.
"Wait! Kaiya! It's me!"
I then realized it was Darren.
I ran up and held on to him for dear life.
"Darren!" I cried. "You scared me! I thought you left me! I was scared! Don't ever do that again!" I cried as he picked me up.
"I didn't mean to upset you. I'm so sorry. I didn't think you'd get worried about me." He said, holding me close.
"I love you. A lot." I whispered. "I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you." I looked up at him. He smiled and kissed my forehead.
"I'm sorry Princess." He said, but I don't think it was a sincere apology.
As soon as he apologized he threw me in the pond.
I yelped in surprise and growled at him. I splashed him with water and he tried to move out of the way, only resulting in him falling.
I burst out laughing as he muttered something about me being lucky I'm cute.

For the rest of the night we splashed around and talked about a lot of things.

I was exhausted when it was time to go home. He picked me up and gently sat me in the car after I put my clothes back on. I laid my head on the car window and fell fast asleep.

I barely woke up as Darren lifted me out of the car and took me upstairs. He slipped my clothes off of me and put his shirt on me instead.
I smiled as he laid down in bed with me and kissed my cheek.
"Good night Darren. I love you." I mumbled.
"And I love you." He whispered back as I fell asleep.