Chapter 21

(2 weeks later)
"Mommy!" Addy yelled. Grabbing my leg as I walked in the door.
"Hey sweety." I picked her up.
We had been training for the war since we got back, but no one seemed to mind. Everyone loves Addy and they all have made it clear they're willing to fight for her.
"Daddy!" She jumped out of my arms and into Darren's as he walked in.
"Hey babygirl! How are you doing?"
"I missed you!"
"I missed you too" he smiled lovingly at her. She giggled and he carried her upstairs. I followed and went to our room to shower.

"Dinner!" Darren called up the stairs.
I haven't been feeling too well so I'd been upstairs in bed all day.
I walked down the steps and as soon as I smelled the food I ran to the bathroom and deposited my lunch into the toilet.
I was still puking when Darren walked in. He grabbed my hair and pulled it away from my face, rubbing my back.
"It's alright Kaiya. Let it all out." He said. And I did.
He carried me up to bed after I was done and I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning covered in sweat and ran to the bathroom, emptying the contents in my stomach again.
Darren had left for training already so I was alone.
This has been happening for a few days now so I called Melody and told her what was happening.

Knock knock knock.
I groaned and rolled out of bed, going downstairs and opening the door to reveal Melody.
"Here." Melody said, thrusting a bag in my face. "You're pregnant. I know it."
"How?" I asked as we walked upstairs.
"The sickness. Cravings." She said. "Now go pee on the sticks." She said as we walked in my room.
I groaned and walked into he bathroom.

"How much longer?" I asked.
"It's been 1 minute" Melody giggled. "Impatient much? Only 4 more to go"
I nodded and laid down on the floor as Addy came running in and went to jump on me. I quickly caught her before she landed on my stomach, laying her on the floor next to me as she laughed.
Beep. Beep.
I jumped up and ran into the bathroom as the timer went off.
"They're all positive" I paled "I'm pregnant."
Melody squealed and clapped, hugging me.
I'm going to be a mom.

Darren came home that night and I was sitting on the couch waiting.
"Hey Princess." He kissed my forehead.
"Darren."
"Yes?"
"You're gonna have to call me queen instead of princess now." I said quietly.
"Wait. Why? I'm not following." He said.
"Well. You see, I am carrying our Princess, or prince. I'm not sure yet." I stood up and put my hand on my stomach. I watched as realization slowly struck him. He picked me up and spun me around, making me squeal.
"We're having a child! We're going to be parents." He yelled as Addy came running down the stairs giggling.
"I thought I put you to bed an hour ago" I laughed.
"I'm a good faker." She smiled cheekily.
"Addy" Darren said "come here" she skipped over and he lifted her onto his lap.
"You are going to have a baby brother or sister." He said.
"Where are they?" She asked.
"They're inside of Mommy's tummy." He said, laying his hand on my stomach. "This means we have to be extra careful with mommy. No more jumping on her tummy."
She nodded and put her hand on my stomach, smiling.

"Darren!" I called. "Me and Melody are going to town to get things for the nursery!"
"Okay!" He called back from somewhere in the house. "Be careful!"
"Yup!" I yelled, grabbing my car keys.

When we got to town we went to the baby store and got some bottles and diapers.
Addy was in a normal sized bed now so we didn't need a crib or anything because we already had it.
We decided not to buy clothes yet since we didn't know the baby's gender.
Instead of 9 months, I'll have the baby in 3 months because of the Alpha genes and stuff.
Next month we'll go see the gender.
We decided we were done so we went to leave.
"Rogues!" Someone yelled as Melody and I were walking across the parking lot.
I immediately put my hand on my stomach and 10 wolves from our pack came and surrounded me.
Darren. Rogues. I mind linked him.
About 15 rogues started walking towards me and the wolves in front of me shifted, growling menacingly.
"We are a here for the Luna, Kaiya I believe her name is." One rogue spoke.
"Well you can't have her. We will protect her with our lives." A pack member snarled at him.
"Darren is on his way. I give it two minutes before he arrives. Leave now or he will kill you all." I growled.
"Well" the rogue laughed. "I figure you would say that. So I have some, insurance to insure you come with us." He waved his hand forward and a rogue stepped forward with a child. She had wavy brown hair and green eyes. She was whimpering, trying to get out of his hold. He growled and held her tighter.
"Luna." She whimpered.
I let out a ferocious growl and stepped forward.
"Put her down." I growled.
"Come with us and we will. Until then." He nodded and the rogue extended his claws into her arm. She screamed out in pain and I saw red.
I lunged for him, shifting in mid-air. I grabbed the lead rogue and snapped his neck. I looked at the rogue holding the girl and he snarled, dropping the girl and shifting. He lunged for me and I jumped out of the way, protecting my stomach. I jumped on him and snapped his neck.
The others shifted and came for me when I heard a thunderous growl. I looked over and saw Darren's wolf barreling towards the rogues. He lunged and broke two of their necks, getting in a protective stance in front of me. The wolves advanced and our pack members jumped in and killed them.
I shifted back as Darren walked towards me and pulled me close.
I turned away from him and looked over at the little girl.
There was a woman holding her close as she cried.
"Thank You, Luna." She looked over at me. I smiled softly and nodded as Darren led me to the car.
He drove, dropping Melody off before going home.

We walked in the door and Darren picked me up.
"What are you doing." I squealed
"I am carrying you upstairs." He laughed.

He sat me on the bed and went to start bath water. I got up and walked into the bathroom. He smiled at me and I got undressed, slipping into the water. He sat on the floor and massaged shampoo in my hair.
"This is nice." I mumbled. He chuckled at me and washed the soap out.
After I got out we climbed into bed and Darren pulled me to him, putting his hand over my stomach as we fell asleep.