Chapter 18

We were all running through the woods. Quickly and quietly. That's how we will attack. That's how we will win. We don't have the option of losing. There's too much at risk for us to lose.

When we arrived there were 2 hunters outside. I shifted back and so did Darren. We both went behind them and broke their necks before they realized we were there.
I motioned for everyone to follow as we walked forward.
We snuck into the compound and quietly searched the halls. I looked through a window and they were there.
There were thousands of hunters surrounding two people on a stage. I looked a little closer and realized one of them was Zac.
I nodded at everyone and gave them the signal to go.
"No mercy. Everyone dies." I said.
They all nodded at me and we attacked.

Chaos. That's what it was. There was blood everywhere. The sounds of screams and pained howls filled the room as the stench of blood filled the air. I was looking for Darren, throwing people out of my way as I went until I heard my name.
"Kaiya!"
I ran towards the sounds and found Percy. He was covered in blood with two hunters around him.
"Get away from him." I growled.
I stood in front of him and put my wall up, pushing them back.
I lifted my hand and flung them both across the room.
"Percy. Percy please don't leave me." I whispered, dropping to my knees next to him.
"Kaiya. Listen. I'm so sorry. For everything I've ever done to you. I'm so sorry." He mumbled
"It's okay. I forgive you. Just please don't leave. Please Percy." I sobbed.
"Luna." I turned around and looked at the girl who was staring at us.
"Let me take him back. I can help him. Please."
I slowly nodded and dropped the wall, watching as she took him away.

There was a gaping hole in the wall and everyone was fighting outside. I ran outside and shifting, killing people one after the other.
I felt a sharp pain in my side and doubled over. I looked, but nothing was there. Darren. I heard a howl and ran towards it.
I got to an old, abandoned house. I walked inside and heard Darren's voice.
"Do you really think you can kill her? She's stronger than you think." He growled.

"Oh I know I can't just kill her. That's why I have you. You are her weakness." A mans voice echoed through the hall

"That is where you are wrong. When you try to take away the people she cares for, she fights even harder. You will never win."
I had heard enough and ran up the steps. There was a guy in jeans and a black shirt with a gun in his hand, standing in front of a tied up Darren. He was tall with blonde hair and brown eyes.
"Let. Him. Go." I snarled.
"So, I see our guest of honor has arrived." He cackled "let me introduce myself. My name is Alarick. And I will be your host." I stalked over to him slowly and he backed up.
"Wow there. I will kill him." He threatened, holding the gun up at Darren. I growled but stopped.
"That's a good girl." He said.
I was looking at the gun, trying to find a way out of this. Darren can't die. I can't lose him.
"Let him go. You wanna talk? Here I am." I growled. He laughed and shook his head.
"You see. I know how strong a mate bond is. It will kill you to see him hurt. He's dragging you down. Why don't I just get rid of him now? You know, cut the dead weight." He smirked.
I growled and looked at Darren. He had a bullet in his arm and blood was running down his face from being hit. I felt him pushing on the mind barrier so I opened my mind to him.
I am going to count to three. When I get to three, you run. He plans on killing you. He said.
If I run he will kill you. I can't lose you. I pleaded.
You are running. He told me. He was serious.
"One" Darren began counting. "Two. Thr-"
"Shut up!" He was cut off by Alarick. "I will shoot if you say one more word." He yelled.
I took this opportunity to lunge while he was distracted. I grabbed the gun and aimed it at the floor as he pulled the trigger. He kicked me off and I put my wall around Darren. He wiggled, trying to knock the rope off. I looked at Alarick and he was trying to get up. I walked over and kicked him across the room. I jumped on him and was hitting him until I felt a pain in my chest. I gasped and stood up.
The wall fell and Darren had gotten the ropes off. I stumbled back and gripped the wall. My vision blurred and I knew what was happening.
"Zac" I whimpered.
I saw Alarick reach for the gun. I tried to move but I couldn't. Darren jumped for him but he was too late. I heard a bang before it all went black.