Chapter 1

Nehemia yawned and stretched out on the couch as Marion came bustling in and opened the curtains wide.
She clicked her tongue, "Reading all night again? Your father wouldn't be very pleased now would he?"
"Please.. Don't... Tell" Nehemia slid back under the blanket, hiding away from the rays of sun streaming into her bedroom.
"I won't. Now, get up!" Marion dragged the blankets off of Nehemia, only to find that last nights elegant ball gown had chocolate stains on and had been thoroughly rumpled from being slept in.
"Fine" Nehemia grumbled and rolled off the couch and onto the floor. She crawled over to the bathing room, shedding jewellery as she went.

Soon after, splashing was heard as Nehemia clambered into the bath, still groggy from her late night.
It had been wonderful, dancing, singing, hide and seek around the palace. But soon after midnight, she had felt it.

The icefire in Nehemia's veins has began to awaken and the pit inside her began to fill.

Because Nehemia was a full fae, she could not just shift in front of her friends: her form was a sparrow, small, quick and hard to follow.
As the magic started rising inside her, Nehemia had uttered a quick apology and dashed off to her rooms. The one thing that stopped her magic was reading.

Nehemia could escape into another world and become someone else entirely.
Her favourite books were the magic ones, copies had been found all over Adarlan; hidden in the Kings rooms, stashed away in Demi-fae houses.

Nehemia had sent out word and books of all kinds had been retrieved for her. Her current obsession was Wyrdmarks. Nehemia's mother, Queen Aelin, had promised to teach her them, but..
Well, Aelin had enough on her plate right now.

Okay so I'm not gonna write anymore at the mo because I just want to know if you guys like the story so far. 😄 I do have an ending etc. but I am open to any suggestions that you might have.
Thanks

CeleanaTheAssassin 🙃