Memories.

Kalen shuddered at the memories, why was it happening again?? Why was he getting that window into Sadie's mind once more.
The whipping, not only would it tear her apart, it would remind Aelin of what she did to him. What she did to his brother.

*

The pickaxe was heavy in Celeana's hand, eager to work.
"Get on with it," grunted the overseer, "you wouldn't want to get anyone else hurt, would you?" He grinned evilly, and shoved another slave forward. She was young, only just 16 and her dark hair tumbled down her scarred back. An Eyllwe prisoner.
Celeana growled and slashed at the rock, hacking away at a part she knew didn't contain any salt.
She lost herself in the work, imagining that the rock was the overseer...
Suddenly, there was a crack and a shriek of pain. Celeana whipped around to see the Eyllwe girl writhing in pain on the floor.
That was the last straw, she hoisted the pickaxe up onto her shoulder and stalked towards the guard, ignoring the shackles cutting into her ankles.
Celeana swung the axe into his gut with a satisfying thud. Blood began to pour from the wound and the man yelled in pain. Sticky, scarlet blood spurted everywhere, bug it was worth it. Worth every second of his pain.

*
Aelin thrashed in the sheets, warm, sticky, covered in blood, she had to get out, needed to -
"Aelin?" Rowan's face appeared above her, "hey, fireheart it's okay."
He embraced her, and she leant into his strong warmth.
A single tear glided down her cheek as she remembered.
"I know where they are." She whispered, her voice trembling.
"Kalen's got them, both of them. I don't know how, or where, but he has them."
Rowan wiped the tear away with a slender finger.
"Well then," he replied softly, "lets go get our girls."

AN: right, firstly, I am really sorry for not writing in so long, I have SO MUCH going on at the moment.
I will post the next chapter soon.

Who has watched fantastic beasts?? ITS AMAZING GO WATCH IT NOW!!
Finally, if you haven't read Empire of storms - be wary: there might be minute spoilers. ☺️.

Vote!!

Comment!!

WitchGreenEyes xx