The burning girl, the girl on fire

No covers? Okay then, I'll just go cry...
I just reread the last chapter and it was so bad, so I'm going to re-write it and add some on

"We're going to go and find some food," Said Merlina, walking out, "Sadie's coming with me."

Sadie flicked her hair and followed. "See you later."

"Bye." replied Nehemia.

Nehemia was left with Julia, who was sat on a beanbag playing with some sort of marble.

"What ya doing??" Asked Nehemia. As she got closer, Nehemia could see that the marble was a deep bluey purple and Julia was rolling it around her palm.

"It's a Marmore, a type of marble that we Luni use." said Julia, still rolling it about.

Nehemia's eyes widened in shock, "You're a Luni??"

"Yes."

"Wow."

Nehemia recalled all she knew about the Luni - it wasn't much. All she remembered, was that there were fourteen, that they had powers of some sort.

"So," began Nehemia, "how come you're here, not with the other Luni? I thought they stayed together...?"
Julia sighed, and a strange look came into her eyes, misty, glazed,sad.

"I am a Luni, one of fourteen girls blessed with powers. But others didn't think of it like that.
We were considered a curse to our towns, and were rejected from society. My home place is Tarranuma, a small world behind the sun.
When my family got rid of me, I ran away, coming across a Passage Between Worlds. Naturally, I went through it, and arrived here, in London. I lived for a few days out behind this building, living off scraps from the bins, until Merlina found me. Since then, I've just lived here."

Something slotted into place, and Nehemia remembered more of what she had read.
They had powers no one understood, strange and mystical. There had been reports of Luni that could tell the future, Luni that could travel back into the past.
"Do you have..." Nehemia trailed off as Julia gave her a withering look.
"Yes, I have Luni powers,"
Nehemia's eyes lit up; maybe Julia could help her get home!
"But, I don't know how to use them yet." Continued Julia. Nehemia's heart sank, she was trapped in this foreign world, perhaps for forever.

Seeing the look on Nehemia's face, Julia hesitated.

"Well..." she began uncertainly, "I could try..."

Nehemia's eyes lit up and a new warmth towards Julia spread in her heart.

"You have to hold the Marmore in your hand," She placed the Marmore into Nehemia's palm. "roll it around, feeling it with your soul. Put yourself into the Marmore"

Nehemia concentrated, feeling herself inside the ball. She opened her heart into it and closed her eyes, a feeling of deep relaxation washing over her.

Julia gasped, and Nehemia opened her eyes again.

"No no, keep going!!"

The Marmore had frosted over, tendrils of ice winding around it, reaching up to the sky. Then, suddenly, it changed. The ice melted with a hiss, and scarlet IceFire flames sprang up, licking the air...

*

Kalen shuddered awake, as a stab of Magyk, shot through him.

He hadn't felt it in years, surely he had imagined it -

"No!" another wave of pain swept into him.

It must be the girl, the burning one, the girl on fire...

*

Sadie followed Merlina down the alleyways, towards the market.

'She needs to be stopped' she thought to herself, 'that is what the master wanted, Kalen." They turned a corner and she nearly bumped into a small boy, who was hurrying away.

"OI! Watch it you!" she yelled at his retreating back. Sadie had learnt to be mean, to be ruthless, or she would get caught, her true disguise would be revealed.

'Kalen told me to... Kill, her.' she thought and worry descended on her. She would do it. If it made it happen...

If it made the people treat her like the lost Princess of Terrasen she really was. 

AN: So, I finally posted the next chapter! Well, I suppose it was really a re-write of the last chapter, but...                                                                                                                                                                   Anyway, I'm sorry for being such a bad author and not updating in so long :'( and I promise to update more regularly.                                                                                                                                            Please vote and comment and check out my other books.     And to the real life characters, what do you think of it??

Celeana_Daggers xx