Sadies life before...

"Sadie! Come here darling!" Queen Aelin gazed at her first daughter, three years old today.
She scooped the giggling child up in her arms and carried her inside.
"It's getting late now, wouldn't want the birthday princes to be tired would we?"

"No mama." Sadie looked up at her mother with adoring eyes...

*

The figure slipped silently into the sleeping girls bedroom. Wasting no time, he smothered her mouth with a stained rag, the drug taking effect immediately.
He bundled her up into a sack, and clambered back out of the window taking care not to make a sound.
At the bottom of the wall, he dived the drugged princess into a carriage and jumped up into the drivers seat.
Furiously  whipping the horse, he sped away, leaving no trace that he had ever been there...

*

    12 years later

"Faster, quicker!" Yelled Kalen, as Sadie swept around the ring, knocking the guards unconscious to the ground.
She finished off the last one and stalked over to him.

"What's wrong this time??" She glared up at him, "what can o do to make it better?"

Kalen ran a hand through his hair despairingly. If she turned on him again, well, he had the scars from last time.
"Nothing was wrong with it," he replied gruffly, "Go back to your rooms."
"Why should I?" Retorted Sadie, throwing her staff on the ground. "I only ever do what you say, I have a mind of my own; I can think for myself Kalen."
She stormed off, leaving Kalen simmering with rage.

"Punish her," he ordered one of the guards , "Make sure she is taught a lesson."
He spat on the ground where she had stood and stalked off.

*

"Please!" Cried Sadie, "No more! Please!"
But her pleas fell on deaf ears, mercilessly, the guard whipped her, again and again. Until her back was a raw mess, burning from the salt on the whip.

"Please..." Tears streaked her grimy face, and her expression was one of utter distress.
"Please..."

The guard looked disgusted down at her, and left the cell, her sobs wracking the air.

AN: so, a bit of Sadie's background there, what did ya think?? I'm sorry it's quite short, but I'm kind of losing motivation to write this book, as no one is voting or commenting, it would mean the world if you did.

Comment what you think of the story, is it good, bad?? Have I made a mistake?? Do you want to be included??

DONT BE A SILENT READER!! 🙏🏻😭😷

VOTE!! ⭐️

Celeana_Daggers xx