Chapter 21- Breakfast Is Served

Cristiano's Pov

Thankfully the game went well and I scored. So now I only had to worry about dinner tonight. Although yesterday went well, i'm still nervous about all Elma's questions. Of all my family she will be the one that will keep asking about Lucy. When the door bell rings I try to answer the door but Katia waved me away. She arrived wearing a simple black skirt with tights. "Hi Lucy" I say kissing her forehead. "Lucy come play" Rodrigo says running up to Lucy. "So did you see my game" I ask. "No but I heard you won" she replies. "He played so good" Máe says as she hugs Lucy. "I'm sure he did" Lucy says smiling. "So did your football team win today" I ask her. "Maybe they did and maybe they didn't" she says. Naturally she won't tell me who she supports.

"Lucy, come play" Rodrigo shouts. "Can you take this" she says handing me a box. "What is it?" I ask. "I made cupcakes" she says and heads off to find Rodrigo. Really she baked i think as I head to the kitchen. "Here Máe, Lucy made some cupcakes" I say placing the box on the counter. "Wow my little brother is dating someone who can cook. Normally they can barely string a sisenble sentence together" Elma says sipping a glass of water. "A bit like your men" I say. Soon we are eating and Máe is quizing Lucy about her work.

"Ok I think it's someones bed time" Katia says when Rodrigo lets out a yawn.Poor kid he looks so tired after his day. "But Mama" he says. "But nothing bed" she says. He gets up and Máe follows him upstairs leaving just my sister, Nuno and me and Lucy at the table.
"You are staying tonight" Elma asks.I could tell Lucy was looking at me but I didn't to look at her as I didn't know what to say. "It's not like you haven't stayed before. Plus you have to taste Máe's breakfast" Elma says. "Of course she is" I say putting my hand around her pulling her towards me. Lucy just nods. "We'll do the dishes" Lucy says handing me a plate. I know that look. That's her she's about to tell me off look. "What did you want me to say. My girlfriend would stay with me" I say as I follow her into the kitchen. "Hey no fighting, they're watching you" Nuno says. Would he just back off.

"Does all this not bother you?" Lucy whispers to me as she placed some dishes into the sink. Of course it does. I hate lting to my family I think."I'll buy you something pretty for your troubles" I say as Katia and Elma left the table. "Hey you know they are plenty of girls out there who would jump at the chance of spending the night in my bed with me" I say. "I'm not like your bimbos" she says backing away from me. "And i don't want you buying me things likes your own personal escort?" she says running the water in the sink. "Well you did sell yourself freely" I say.

Shit. Thats not what I meant. Lucy looks at me with the same hate she had in her eyes the day I asked her to spend the night with me. And that day she slaped me across the face.
"Lucy i'm sorry i didn't mean that" I say. "Don't talk to me" she says turning back to the sink. "Hey Lucy, Rodrigo wants you to read him a story would you mind" Katia asks coming into the kicthen. "Everything ok" she asks. Great just what I need. "Yeah, Lucy just wants Marcosa to sleep with us tonight" I say wrapping my arms around Lucy's waist and placing a kiss to her cheek. I swear she shivered. And it wasn' a good shiver.

"I'll read him a story. Can you get my bag from the car Nuno, it's in the boot, please" Lucy says quickly pulling out of my arms ."What did you do? Katia asks as Lucy runs up the stairs. "Opened his mouth" Nuno says. "Shut up Nuno" I snap. "It's nothing Katia really" I say. "She's really lovely Cristiano. Don't do anything stuipd" Katia says."I'm going to bed. Noite" I say as I head to the movie room. "Hey boy"I say as Marcosa comes running up to me. "Sorry you had to stay in here" I say as the dog wags his tail. "Lets go to bed boy. Hopefully you can cheer up Lucy" I say.

When I open the door to my bedroom Marcosa runs to his bed on the floor. There was no sign of Lucy but I could hear the sink running in the bathroom. She wasn't crazy about having to sleep in my bed before I opened my big mouth. I hear the door open and watch as she walks out on a pair of black pjama bottoms and a tank top. She looked.............. Never mind must talk not look at her.