Chapter 28- I'll Show Them

Cristiano's Pov

Relief. That's what is was. The feeling in my stomach when Lucy agreed to stay. She didn't have to stay and deal with Zé. The deal really was that she had to pretend to be my girlfriend around my Máe and sisters. I was hit with a sense of relief again when I saw Lucy's car in the drive when I got home from training. I walked into the kitchen to be hit with the sight of Lucy dancing at the cooker. The music was on and she quietly singing the tune. "Hey Lucy" I say and stops singing. "Hey how was training" she asks. "Ok. Where is Zé?" I ask. "Games room with Nuno. I'm making spaghetti Bolognese for lunch if you want some" she says. "If it is as good as breakfast then yes I do" I say. "Your mother rang" she says handing me my phone. Oh God what did they say to each other.

"Did you speak to her?" I ask. She proceeds to tell me how they spoke for over two hours and although she says it like it was a long time to talk she seems to have really enjoyed speaking to Máe. "And she told me to make sure you don't yell at Zé" Lucy says. "She expects me to be nice to him after he upset my sister" I say a bit too loudly. "Yes because you are a good little boy" she says smiling. "You were diffently talking to my mother" I say groaning. And my heart excites as she laughs. Seriously not asking for much Máe were you.

"Have you heard from Katia?" I ask Zé when he comes into the room. "They got home ok" he replies. "I'm surprised you know" I say. "Zé can you get Nuno the food is ready" Lucy says stopping Zé from answering me. "Why are you trying to start a fight?" Lucy asks me. "I am not" I say a bit too defensively. "Yes you are so please just leave it. Have some food and relax for the day. Please I told your mother I wouldn't let the two of you get into a fight and since I'm already lying to her please don't make me have to lie again" Lucy pleads. "Ok I won't" I say. Jezz how could I say no to that face. "Thank you" she says

After lunch I pull Lucy towards the couch. "I should kick him out" I whisper to her. "Who? Nuno" she asks and I know she knows who I meant. "No Zé. Who does he think asking if my girlfriend if she was staying the day?" I say. The nerve of him. If he's not trying to get rid of her he's eyeing her up. "Maybe he wants to spend time with you and Nuno alone" she says. "Or he's just trying to annoy you. Just ignore him and watch some football" she says handing me the tv remote. Ignore him that's going to be easy right.

"Elma was right" Zé says coming to sit opposite us. "Right about what?" Lucy asks. "That there is something about ye two" he says pointing between Lucy and I. "What do you mean something?" Nuno asks. "Well normally Cris can't keep his hands of his women. Even in front of his family" Zé says. "Well maybe some people have a bit of decorum" Lucy says. That's you told you Zé.

"Hours watching hot footie guys running around a pitch how could a girl get bored, Zé" Lucy says when Zé asks him she really wanted to watch the footie. "That why you like watching me so" I whisper into her ear before placing a kiss on her cheek. "Who said I was watching you Cristiano" she says. Who the hell were you watching? She places her finger on my lips "Sshh you're missing the match" she says. I pull towards me and though she begins to resist but then snuggles into my body and stretches her body out on the couch. That's my girl I think kissing her forehead.

Zé keeps looking over at Lucy and I. He should be more worried about his own relationship and not mine. I keep my hand on Lucy's stomach throughout and she relaxes with my touch.

"Getting tired of all those hot footie boys" I smirk at Lucy when she offers to get some food. "Yeah now we're not watching Beckham I'm getting a little bored. Although if I drive really fast I could be back in time to watch Messi show the world how good he is" she says grinning back at me. I'll show you how good I am if you keep grinning at me darling I think.

"Angelo's or Gusto" Nuno asks. "Gusto. Lucy will be eating at Angelo's tomorrow" I say. "How do you know I'm eating at Angelo's tomorrow?" Lucy asks me. Shit. "You told me you meet the owner every Monday" I say quickly. "Ok. I'm going to change my shoes, you guys decide what you want" she says and I watch as she heads up the stairs. "Nice save Cris" Nuno whispers so Zé can't hear us. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. "Lucy and Angelo's. How do you know she goes there every Monday?" he asks smirking at me. "Shut up Nuno" I say and I hear Lucy's phone beep. I pick it up to see "Josh" appear on the screen. Good boy Josh. Can he not leave her alone? Nuno is still smirking at me so I head upstairs to Lucy.