Chapter 51- Getting Closer

Lucy's Pov

"Thankfully she has better taste in guys" Cris says when he breaks away from my mouth. Dam him. He always distracts me with a kiss I think trying to get my thoughts back as his teammates leave the house.

"Insane. Better taste in guys" I say to him. "I'm sorry. I didn't know what to say. I thought you were going to hit him" Cris says. "Rio shouldn't be the worried one" I say heading to the couch. "What was I supposed to say? You weren't meant to be back for ages" he says. The cheeking twat. "It's my fault your teammate called me insane?" I yell at him. "That's not what I meant" he says. "I was only ever meant to meet your family" I say. This whole arrangement is getting harder and harder.

"They liked you" he says moving closer to me. "Super" I say. she says sarcastically. "I'm sorry" he says wrapping his arms around my waist. His comfy warm hands. After everything that happened today I need his hug and I rest my head on his chest. "You should be" I say. "They weren't happy I didn't tell them about my hot girlfriend" he says. "Their words or yours" I ask. "Theirs and mine" he says. I smile.

"I still think some of them are muppets" I say. "Well everyone think Rio is even his girlfriend" Cris says. I laugh and look up at his face. His hand moves to my chin. I can feel my heart beating fast as he looks at me with his chocolate brown eyes. I hear beeping and step back from him.

"Oh shit the dinner" I say running to the kitchen. "You've been spending too much time with Cris. You're starting to cook like him" Nuno says walking towards me. "Shut up Nuno. Nothing is burnt. It was just a timer I had on" I say noticing Cris watching me.

"So dinner should be fun tonight" Nuno says. "It will be quite anyway. None of them are talking to each other" I say. "They'll sort themselves out" Cris says. "Well at least you won't have to put up with them for much longer" Nuno says. "What do you mean?" I ask. "They are going home Sunday. And Cris is going on international duty" he says. Oh I forgot Cris was gone next week. Guess that means I have time to myself then.

"Máe is looking forward to getting home to Hugo" Cristiano says clearly not happy. "I bet she just wants to be at her own home" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"So what are you going to do next week since you have a break from acting" Nuno says smiling. "I have work. And I might go visit Tina since she's now talking to me" I say. "Did she day much on the phone?" Cris asks. He hadn't asked the other night. "We didn't talk for long. Josh told me she can only be on the phone for a certain time. But we just talked about how she was doing" I say. Leaving out the part of the conversation where she asked who was the guy that had answered the phone.

"Something smells great" Dolores says taking off her jacket as she walked into the room. "I hope it tastes as nice" I say. "I bet it will" Cris says smiling at me. "So what were you three talking about?" she asks. "I was just saying how you must be looking forward to getting back to your own house" I say. "Yes it will be nice to get home and see my friends and Hugo" she says and Cris lets out a snort. What the hell is going on between Cris and his brother?

As I suspected dinner was very quiet. Neither Elma, Katia nor Dolores spoke to each other throughout the meal. "Lucy met some of Cristiano's teammates today" Nuno says and both Cris and I stop eating to glare at him. "Oh that's lovely. They grow on you after spending time with them Lucy" Dolores says. "I reckon a lot of time" I mumble. "I thought you two were keeping your relationship secret" Elma says. "You and me both" I mumble and Cris leans towards me "I really didn't think you all would be home that early". I turn to look at him. "I know" I whisper. "Well ye sort of came home early didn't ye" Nuno says and the women glare at him. "Nuno I think you are doing the dishes tonight" I say and Cris laughs. "Don't mess with Lucy" he says. "You should remember your own words" I say.