Chapter 5

Chapter 5 

When the sun came in through the windows I was up and ready to rule the day, I put my contacts in immediately. Afterwards I went through my freshly packed suit case and pulled out a hot pink tank top and some black capris with orange slices. I threw on a lime green hoodie with some pink and black designs and some colourful Sketchers. 

I walked across the hall and knocked on the girls door, Laura opened it up immediately. She looked like she'd been up for hours. 

"Hey, looking good as Charlotte," she told me. I smiled at her, it was nice to be able to talk to my friends curring a mission. 

"Thanks, this voice changer felt kind of weird at first but I'm getting use to it," I told her. "You wanna go for breakfast downstairs with me?" 

"Sure, I'll just go get the girls. Until then you can come in." She walked away inside and I stepped into the entrance, it was the same bland design as mine except after it there were multiple rooms leading away from it. Mine only had one room since I was the only one staying there, it was actually kinda lonely in the other room. I guess it was good that I was getting away today, the bad part was that I had to live with a bunch of idiots. 

A few minutes later the three girls came around the corner and we all left the room to go down stairs. We took the elevator that turned out to be empty the whole way down. When we got out we found the lobby to be empty, I checked my watch to find that it was already 9:30a.m. The breakfast would be closing in half an hour. 

--------------------------------------- 

After having a huge breakfast we headed back up to our rooms, I went straight into my room and started cleaning everything up. I finally had everything squished into the suitcases after a long struggle with it. Charlotte and I had bought a lot of clothes for the mission. 

I placed everything near the door and walked across the hall to hang out with the girls for a bit before I had to leave. I knocked on the door but had to take a step back when Walter opened the door, he looked like he was only a little surprised to see me.  

"What's up?" he asked me, he was wearing the same thing as last night. His hair was messed up from sleeping, it actually made him look kinda cute... I shook the thought from my head. This wasn't a business where you could ever risk a relationship. 

"Just coming to see the girls," I told him. He nodded his head then gestured for me to come in, I walked in and found Jenna sitting on a laptop and the other girls were doing nothing but gossiping about random things. "What's up?" 

"Not too much, Jenna just doing a little bit of background work while we go over a few of the gadgets," Rylee replied. I nodded at her, it was normal work to get comfortable with new gadgets before a mission.  

"What kind of gadgets do you have?" I asked as I joined her on the gadget filled floor. I recognized most of the items, I had been on more then enough missions to know them all. After a few missions though they'll usually upgrade some things. 

"Just the standard stuff like trackers, communicators and cameras. It's some pretty cool stuff but we weren't given any of the really cool things," Rylee replied. I wasn't surprised, they wouldn't be as deep under cover as I was. Not to mention the fact that I'd been in the business much longer than any of them, probably even Walter. 

"It's still cooler then any of my normal things, that counts for something," Laura cut in. I smiled, it was true. Even this standard stuff was quite a bit more high-tech then any store or company would have in stock. 

"Plus they gave me access to everything on the systems, it really gives me freedom with ease of access," Jenna smiled at her now open to any search needed computer. I picked up one of the watches and recognized the knock-out dart shooter, I had one in my suitcase for emergencies. I loved it, came in handy during tight times.