4- Accepting fate

I soon came to the realisation that I didn't have a choice. As a woman, I must obey my father's wishes or be cast out onto the streets.
I'm beginning to think that the palace would not be that dreadful, in comparison to a life as a beggar on the streets.

I walked into my father's office, my hands trembling as I turned the knob to the right and pushed the wooden slab forwards. I needed to inform him that I am truly sorry for my behaviour, so we may part in good grace. I watched my father close his book and slowly turn to face me.

"Forgive me for interrupting Papa, I came to apologise." I muttered, feeling increasingly uneasy.
"Darling, I simply cannot understand your anger over a place at the palace during the season of festivities, however, since we are soon to be parting, I do not wish for my favourite daughter and I to have had a disagreement. I forgive you darling." He replied. His voice was tender and kind, and I soon realised that everything was okay.

Sorry this was so short, this part didn't belong in the last chapter and it doesn't belong in the next chapter, as some crazy stuff is happening the next chapter ;);)  so this gets its own little mini chapter :)

If you enjoyed please favourite because stars are pretty and if you didn't enjoy please inform me of what you didn't like in the comments so I can improve .

                              Cheers x