Chapter 15: I'm Sorry

Chaapter 15: I'm Sorry

                   "B-but I-i thought..." Chloe couldn't understand, her father told her that her mother was dead, she was no longer existing in this earth, but how could it be, all her father told her the she is the exact carbon copy of her mother, and that her name was the exact same name of this woman in front of her. Camila.

"I know your father... He was my lover before... We could have been together, but my mother... She wasn't pleased, Richard was and didn't reach her standards, but she left it a little longer, until she found out that I had you. That I had a living person inside me... She couldn't accept it, and she wanted me to abort you, though my father stopped her... After you were born, she let me have you by my side, until my father died and my mother could do whatever she wanted with me... So she sent you and your father off and away from... And threatened to kill you if I were to run away to him." Camila explained then, she made her way towards Chloe,"I'm so sorry, Chloe... I should have went to look for you, to look for the both of you... But Thomas wouldn't let me.. Before my mother even died, she made sure that I won't have the chance to let your father back in my life, so she made a deal with Thomas's parents and we were married a year before he died... Even though I love your father... I also fell in love with him... Very slowly... And we had a daughter.. Honilea... She certainly didn't like that name. "The redhead rolled her eyes and Chloe frowned, and seeing the frown, Camila pleaded to the Heavens that her long lost daughter doesn't hate her.

"Are you saying that... That ... Hannah... H-hannah's my step sister?!" Chloe screamed in horror and Camila doesn't know how to react, the fact that she should be relief because her daughter does not hate her, or the fact that she should groan in frustration because it was all the redhead heard.

"Yes..." She settled for the first one,"Chloe."The woman took the redheads attention again,"How's your dad? Did he find someone whose a suitable wife for him? How are you?"The older redhead started firing questions to Chloe,"I cant believe I didn't look for you more earlier... I could have been there for you before... I really missed the two of you... You have no idea how hard it was for me to not just defy my mother and look for you.... I'm really sorry."

"Um... Dad's fine.. Ms... I mean, Mrs. Camila... I... Yes, he found someone when I turned eleven... And I'm ... Feeling weird... May I.. Be excused?" Chloe asked, feeling weird, and confuse probably because she was shocked and for reasons she couldn't express.

"I-ah... S-sure... But if you need to talk... I'm open anytime... Okay?" Camila said walking over to the door with a defeated look of her old but still beautiful face and left the room.

Chloe looked around, feeling overwhelmed with her situation and too confused to even hear the library door open for the second time after Camila left.

"Ms. Beale." Chloe froze for also the second time that day, but now fear strick her because of the sharp tone of the one woman she dreaded to talk to personally.

"Mrs. Tatiana." Chloe said shakily, turning around to look at the woman who has a stoic look of her pale face.

"I'll be frank with you, Miss Beale... I don't like you for my daughter... She is bound to be married to Hannah... And nothing will stop me from turning that decision to reality... You do not reach my standards miss Beale... I hope you know what's best for my daughter... She needs someone who could help her raise and promote the company... And you for all I know could not help her... Now heed my advice... Leave Beca alone... Or you and your family we'll deal with me ." The woman threatened and immediately left without letting Chloe retort.

And like before Chloe was left on her own thoughts and problems.

--------------------------