Two

Instead of driving home Reid went straight back to the BAU headquarters knowing that his boss, Supervisory Special Agent Aaron Hotchner, would still be there.

As he drove, his mind was in overdrive. He'd quickly read though the articles, the clippings, scanned over the photos that had been in the folder, before finally coming to a hand written letter at the end.

Dr Reid

I'm not crazy, I can promise you that much.

My sister and my brother in law think that I'm being paranoid, that I'm reading too much into this and that I'm looking for a reason to blame THEM for something, for anything really.

But I'm not, I'm not crazy. These deaths are all connected, I know these people; at least most of them anyway. The names don't match the names I knew them as, but then again very few of kept our own names, myself being one of the exceptions.

You need to catch them. I thought it was just a few that he'd done this to, but there's more, there's so many more, I'm sure of it. I'm scared for Rebecca, for Abby, if they're still alive. And the children, oh god.... The babies. There were always so many babies there.

I can't speak to you, I couldn't come to a police station, or to the FBI. They're probably not watching me, Ellen is probably right about that much, but what if they are? I can't go back there. But you need to find him and stop him. Before it's too late.

Please.

Spencer wasn't a handwriting expert but he could tell the note had been hurriedly scribbled, and by the looks of it, it hadn't been written in Alice's natural writing hand. Perhaps she was that worried about whoever THEY were finding her, that she'd swapped hands in order to disguise her normal hand writing.

Who they were, was another mystery. But she claimed that they were responsible for the deaths of these people. Some of these cases were ones that had come across the BAUs desk briefly in previous years, the team not bring able to find any leads and having to shelve them and pass them back to the local PD. Others hadn't even come through their office, but the girl had underlined detail after detail, circling areas on crime scene photos, photos she shouldn't even have.

The last photo was what had shocked him, made him think that this wasn't just some crazy person who was just a little too into true crime.

It had been a Polaroid of three girls standing together with two children. The photo was taken in front of what looked like an old barn and Spencer could see plenty of other people walking around in the back ground. One of the girls was Alice. Albeit, a younger version of the girl he had encountered today. She looked to be maybe fifteen or sixteen? Her hair was pulled back in a bandana and she wore shorts and a tank top, plaited leather bracelets around each of her wrists. The other two girls were dressed similarly, and Spencer guessed that the photo might have been taken in summertime as the majority of the people he could make out in the background were dressed in summer clothes too. The two girls and the children all wore the same plaited bracelets around their wrists, the children only wearing one as opposed to the two that the older girls bore.

That was important, Reid knew it had to be important, he just didn't know why yet.

What was important, was that the two girls Alice was stood with, both appeared in the crime scene photos she'd included.

As the corpses.