Thirty Six

Plans were made. Some of them within ear shot of Spencer and Alice, other discussions took place away from them.

Lewis had sent someone to collect their belongings, and Spencer told him how to use the cell to make contact with the team, Agent Hotchner responding to him. As Spencer had predicted, Aaron asked to speak with both Spencer and Alice to confirm they were okay.

"We're fine" Spencer assured him.

"You've not been harmed?" came the voice down the speaker.

"Not massively" Spencer started to say before Lewis spoke over him.

"Spencer is unharmed. Alice, has been mildly injured. Rebecca slapped her face and she took a punch to her stomach....."

"And what else would you have let her do to me if Spencer hadn't come clean. I saw the knife Lewis" Alice spat out.

Lewis looked shocked, his eyes wide and as Spencer looked at him he realised that he hadn't known she was going to pull a blade on her.

"Alice.... She wasn't instructed to do that... "

"Yeah right. We all know who calls the shots around here..."

Lewis shook his head, repeating himself. "Rebecca was not instructed to do that to you. Rough you up a little yes, only enough to make Spencer cave. But I gave no order for her to put you in actual danger."

"Ally, he's telling the truth" Reid told her, intrigued by this turn of events. Rebecca was definitely more dangerous than they'd given her credit for.

"Alice, are you okay?" Aaron Hotchner spoke loudly to be heard by the three.

"I'm.... A bit bruised but no. I wasn't hurt badly."

"Agent Hotchner, your people will remain unharmed providing we're able to come to a suitable arrangement. I have no desire to cause unnecessary loss of life which is what I've been assured will happen if these two are injured."

"You are correct. If there is any indication that my two Agents have been hurt, then my team will take every single one of your family and residents down. We have no desire for that to happen either, but it will. We have more weapons and more man power than you do, and although we may suffer a loss ourselves, ultimately you will lose. I will make sure of that."

"I understand you and believe that you will make that happen. So let's talk, let us come to a peaceful arrangement."

Lewis regagged Spencer and Alice then and took the cell/radio away with him leaving them alone again. Eric came into the room after around an hour, bringing water and food again.

"Eric, I need the toilet" Alice told him. Spencer had seen her fidgeting uncomfortably for a while now.

"Erm... I'll... I'll fetch Rebecca."

"No. Fetch Lewis, where is he?"

"Meeting your boss."

"What?"

"Alice it's normal. In hostage situations often the people doing the negotiating will meet to show good faith in each other" Reid spoke to her, ungagged again as Eric offered him a drink.

"Eric, you could let us go" Ally all begged.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can."

"Alice, I can't. Trust me, I can't. You have just a few more hours to wait if everything goes to plan. Just... Sit tight. And if you need the toilet, I can bring a bucket in. But we can't give you any privacy to go. You'll have to do it here, in front of us all, because I can't risk you trying anything."