Chapter 10

A/N Thank you guys so so so much for voting. It amazes me how much love I've been getting from some of you, it's so motivating! 

It's Friday afternoon, and I'm on my way to Jade's house. Unfortunately, Chris had to come along because his car broke down this morning. Which means he needs to take my car to go out. He's supposed to come pick me up after I'm done at Jade's. Whenever that may be.

"So who is this girl again?" Chris asks like I don't know what he's really asking. I know he knows who she is. Jade was a freshman the year Chris was a senior. And I've heard she's been popular even from then. No doubt he should remember Alyssa too. Maybe even Jordan.

"She's not available," I say mesmerized by the fancy houses with at least three cars in each drive way, and gardens so big you could get lost in them.

"Fine, fine," he replies nonchalantly.

I see the numbers of the house I'm looking for, and park outside the gates. I send a text to Jade to tell her I'm here. She doesn't text back but she quickly appears out of the house, and opens the gates.

I get out of the car, and Chris briefly nods at Jade who surprisingly nods back...and checks out his butt? Ewww, so gross.

The car drives away, and Jade silently leads me into the house. The doors are huge, and when Jade pulls one open I'm met with white walls, paintings of gardens like the ones outside, porcelain vases, and this big classy chandelier. It's marvelous.

But she only gives me a second to take it in, because she grabs my arms and drags me upstairs. There are stairs on each side of the room. We take the ones on the right, and she takes me to what can only be her room.

Jade places me at the edge of her queen size bed that has a purple comforter, and she disappears into another little room. The walls are still white, but they're covered in posters and really detailed drawings. I think there's even one of Cameron. I wonder if she drew it while he posed or if it's from a picture.

"Sit here," She directs as she unfolds a foldable chair by the window. I do as she says. She's holding a bag underneath her arms, and starts rummaging around it.

"Hell no!" I say as her hand surfaces with a pair of scissors. The bitch wants to CUT MY HAIR! Nuh huh I WILL CUT HER BACK.

"Don't be so dramatic. Believe me it's for your own good," She says pushing me back into the chair. She's already pulling my hair out from the ponytail it's always in. Do it for Jordan. Before I can complain again she's already snipping away and has a layer of hair covering my face.

Music fills the thirty minutes of silence that we're in as she does who knows what to my hair. Hopefully not sabotaging it. And when it's over, she starts fixing the edges of my new BANGS. And sadly I'd like to admit I look BuBANGin (Sorry had to). Jade's holding up a mirror to my face with her other hand.

"See you CAN ACTUALLY  look good." I'd say something back, but to tell you the truth I've never seen myself this way. My face isn't drowning in my bangs the way I always thought they would if I got them. I'm extremely impressed.

"You're welcome," Jade says, but like she truly means it. No sarcasm at all present.

"Thank you," I say admiring her handy work.

"Hey Jade?" A male voice calls out suddenly.

"In my room!" She yells back.

There's footsteps and then there's Derek in his football uniform peeking out from the corner of the door a few feet away.

Oh yah, Derek lives here. How could I forget.

"Hey," he says and then his eyes widen a little at the sight of me in her room.

It's understood. I would have never imagined myself in Jade's room EVER. But here I am.

The truth is that I didn't forget. How could I knowing that here I'd be today? Last night I couldn't stop thinking about him. Not after that almost kiss, and ...well I WISH I could forget the undies incident. But hell, that memory will probably stick with me until I die.

"What do you think?" Jade ask, smiling with triumph over what she's done to me.

"You look really pretty," Derek says giving me a bright smile that sends my heart for a loop. My mouth goes dry, and I know if I talk I'll sound weird. So I smile back, and he smiles wider, his eyes drawing me in from afar.

"So, umm, I wanted to tell you I'm not going with you and Cam tomorrow anymore. I'm riding to the party tomorrow with Jeremiah and Cole a little earlier to set up the band equipment," Derek says momentarily glancing up at Jade.

Right, Cole Hights, Alyssa's brother. When I saw her at Pavillion's she was talking about some party her brother was going to be playing at. This must be that party.

"I have an idea!" Jade squeals putting her hands on my shoulder, her face an inch from mine. Blue eyes wide and excited.

Jade exclaims, "You're coming with me to Alyssa's party!"

My stomach churns over. Please don't puke, please don't puke.

PARTY?

I think that idea mortifies me more than the fact that Derek has touched my underwear.