Chapter 45

a/n hey guys! Enjoy the chapter and PLEASE PLEASE VOTE! IT IS SO IMPORTANT. Just touch the little star after you're done reading:p I would appreciate it so much!

Would it be pathetic if I made a dive behind the couch to hide?

It would be less pathetic compared to other things you've done.

True, couch it is!

Stay right there!

Fine. I guess I'll just face this one instead of running away like any smart person would do under the murderous gaze of Jade Mathews. Because even though she is smiling and her eyes don't reflect signs of wanting to choke me into the next world, that is exactly her plan when she gets me to herself. I'm not following for her "sweetness" act.

And apparently neither is Derek.

"Could you get out? We're talking." I've never heard this tough toned Derek before, but considering this is his sister he's talking to? I understand. Plus it means he wants to be alone with me so yay!

"Oh talking? That's what you call it?" Damn she's good. She never even saw Derek and me kissing and she knows.

Dude, what else would a pair of teens be doing in a secluded corner at a party?

Um, having a wing eating contest in privacy?

And after that?

Shhh!

"It's none of your business Jade," he moves closer to me, and then looking at Cameron says, "Cam, you mind getting my sister away from me?"

Cam nods but Jade rolls her eyes, "Chill Derek. I haven't seen Jasmine in forever. I think we have some catching up to do." She looks from Derek to me to Derek again.

"Jade let's go. Let them have their privacy," Cam reaches for Jade's arm, she doesn't move though.

Her eyes fall on me and it causes me to fidget in place.

"We'll talk later right Jasmine?" She asks, but obviously, it's a command.

"Sure." I'll say whatever as long as she leaves us alone.

"You heard her Jade. You'll talk later. Come on," this time Cam is able to drag her out.

I let out a sigh of relief and drop to the ground again. I sit with my legs crossed and hang my head down. Not too long after Derek's weight joins me and we're both just quiet. Why? Who knows.

Jade is just too much of a tense energy to deal with.

"Sorry," he lets out.

"Hm?" I look up.

"I didn't mean to come off as rude, but Jade," he lets out a heavy breath, "she just never keeps her head out of things."

Don't I know it.

"She's your sister. You could fart in her face and I still wouldn't think you're a horrible person."

What am I saying?

"Good to know," he smiles warmly at me.

Holy Cheezits I'm going to melt right through the floor if he keeps giving me looks like that.

"You fart into your brother's face often?" He teases.

"No!" Cue the need to hide once again.

"I mean I wouldn't think you're a horrible person either you know." Oh Derek.