Chapter 6 - I do what I want, when I want.

“Destiny, can I talk to you for a minute?” Said the voice of my brother, Craig.

I turn around to see him standing in my doorway. “Sure, what’s up?” I ask as I close my laptop.

He walks in and takes a seat on the long side of my king-sized bed, now directly facing me as I sit on my wheel chair.

“What’s going on with you & Trey?” He asks.

“What do you mean?” I ask, even though I know exactly what he means.

“Well, people are saying you’re his next, ‘victim’?” He says using air quotes.

I shrug. “I dunno, I guess he likes me?”

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. “Uhm, Dee, I don’t think it’s a good idea that you uhm….” He trailed off.

I gave him a suspicious look. “That I what?”

“That you…talk to him.” He said cautiously.

I immediately started to get angry. “And why not?!” I semi-yelled.

“Because, he’s not good for you.” He said calmly.

I sprang up, getting in his face. “Who are you to tell me that he’s not ‘good for me’? Newsflash big bro, but I am 17 years old! I think I would know who’s ‘good for me’, I don’t need your fuckin’ opinion on who I chose to mess with!” I yelled.

He now stood up. I could see the anger & shock in his eyes, but mostly anger. Craig isn’t the one to tolerate yelling at all. He has a short temper, but it’s nothing I can’t handle.

“Newsflash little sis’,” He said mocking me. “I’ve been here longer than you, five fuckking years to be exact! You don’t know these people, you’ve been here what, all of one school week? & You think you’ve got it all figured out?! You need to think again. You have no right to yell at me when I’m trying to help you out! Get your fuckking head out the clouds and stop being a stubborn biitchh!” He yelled, concluding his speech only for our dad to come in.

“Hey, Hey, Hey, what’s going on?” He asked, his gaze switching from Craig, to me, & back again.

Craig & I just stood there glaring at each other, not acknowledging his presence.

“WELL?!” He yelled.

Craig snapped his head towards dad. “Ask her, she started it.” He turned his gaze back towards mine, only to be met with my shocked expression.

“You lying bastardd!” I screeched.

“Watch your mouth.” My dad said sternly.

“Daddy! He’s lying!” I screeched, still shocked.

“No, I came to talk to Dee about a boy at school, and she just blew up at me! You know my temper dad.” Craig explained.

Okay, now that was true! But he has no control over my life to tell me who I can, & cannot talk to.

“Is that true Destiny?” Dad asked.

“Yes sir.” I said threw gritted teeth, staring at Craig.

“Apologize.” He said sternly.

“No.”

“Destiny.”

“John.” I said with a smirk.

That only made my father angrier.

“Apologize now, or no car, phone, or TV for two months. And you get to clean the gutter, dishes, and the whole house.” He said.