Chapter 18 - There's Never a Right Time To Say Goodbye.

One Month Later. Destiny’s POV.

It’s been another long, emotional month. I kept my word to Trey. Every time he tries to apologize, I push him away. He hasn’t even heard my voice within the last month. That’s how serious I am. If he’s not going to tell me, then what’s the point? I’m tired of his bullshit and lies. I’m done. This time, for good. I can do this all by myself. Hopefully.

It’s hard to stay away from him. I’ve known him 4 months and already, he’s like my drug. Corny, but true. But I have to show him what’s going to happen if he messes with me.

I inhaled deeply as I took in my appearance in front of my full length mirror. Not bad Monroe :)

“Knock. Knock.” My dad says entering my room. “You look beautiful princess.” He coos.

I smile and turn around, “Thanks daddy!”

“You ‘bout ready to go? Danielle’s waiting in the car and Craig had to leave early.” He explained.

“I’m ready,” I smile. “Let’s go.”

- – - -

I sat in the audience with my father and sister as the graduation ceremony went on. Around 350 seniors stood in green and red robes, with a matching cap. That will be me next year.

“These students have come a long way..” The teacher spoke into the microphone, “They’ve had their ups and downs-”

As my eyes scanned the crowd of students on stage, they came over Trey. I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t any feelings towards him. He was my first so he will always have a special place in my heart, but I can contain myself.

He was attentively listening to the woman as she spoke. He had his hands intertwined neatly into his lap. His hair wasn’t in its usual straight back braids. Instead, it was pulled back into a low ponytail, making him much more irresistible. His lips had a little more gloss to them, making them shine in the light the shined from above.

His head turned and his eyes met mine for a millisecond but I instantly looked down to the floor below me.

Out the corner of my eye, I could see him sigh.

- – - -

My family and I applauded as the names were being called for students to take their diplomas.

“Craig Johnson.”

We stood and started cheering louder for him.

“WOO! That’s my big brother!” I yelled, causing everyone to turn their heads, and Craig flush in embarrassment.

He shook his head as he shook the lady’s hand and took his diploma. My dad recording the whole thing.

My brother is off to Juilliard in New York. He’s growing up! Tear.

We once again took our seats and waited for the rest of the names to be called.

“Trey Young.”

He walked across the stage smiling as if he had won the lottery.

I wasn’t expecting for him to get any major applause, that is, until yelling came from behind me, causing me to turn around.

“WOO! That’s my baby!” The petite woman yelled.

There was a short, somewhat chubby man. He had a light skin tone, with a, somewhat, beard. Next to him was a petite little woman. Her skin tone was a little darker. There was also a little girl with dark skin. She looked about the age of 11. They all were clapping loudly for him as he accepted his diploma.