Chapter 10 - She's What?!

One Week Later.

Today was my first volleyball game, & I was in the zone. I had my family & friends there, so I had to impress them. & Apparently the team we were playing were the school’s rival.

I’m in the locker room changing into my green shorts, & red jersey. We we’re the Indians. I was number 6, which is my favorite number, so it’s all good.

My position is in the front because I’m more of a spiker than anything. That’s just part of my awesomeness.

- – – – -

The score was 10 to 11, with only 2 minutes left. We were winning, so that’s great.The crowd was going crazy, causing me to look. I scanned the crowd, my eyes finally landing on Trey & Jasmin, you guessed it, sucking face.

I must have been staring for a pretty long time because I didn’t even here the whistle blow, causing the ball to almost hit me in the face, which gave them another point. Tied score.

“Yo, Destiny you alright?” Ayana said.

She was right next to me, she knows how to set me up for the spike really well.

“Yeah, sorry, just got distracted.” I said.

She nodded, and the whistle was blown again.

I focused my attention away from Tweetle Dee & Tweetle Dumb & focused on winning. The ball was served from the other team, & instantly I felt anger build inside me.

Trey came to a damn volleyball game to suck face with the school bitch’? Oh, that is such a coincidence, NOT! That little fucker’. The last week he has been doing that.

Ayana set me up to spike & all my anger went into it. I jumped up & hit the ball with all my force. The girl from the other team tried to save the ball, but only resulted in her getting hit square in the nose.

They blew the whistle & we won the game. Everyone was cheering but I felt bad for hitting her in the face, so I ducked under the net & went to where she was being helped.

“Oh my gosh. I am so sorry!” I said, truly sorry.

She just giggled & smiled. “It’s no problem. You have quite the arm there!”

“Yeah, sorry about that!” I said again.

“It’s really not a biggie. Good game.” She said.

“Thanks, you too!”

- – – –

I was leaving the locker room to go home. As soon as I stepped out, I was showered in congrats, & how good of a job I did. I was talking to Ayana when my family approached me.

“You did so good out there hunny! I’m so proud of you!” My dad said, hugging me.

I hugged him back. “Thanks dad!”

“Yeah, you were alright, couldn’t take me though!” Danielle said laughing.

I giggled. “Keep dreaming kid.”

“We’re gonna get going, we’ll see you at home dear.” My dad said.

“Where’s Craig?” I asked.

“He had to leave early. Something with his dance group.”

“Ah, I see. See you at home.”

They turned & left, a different direction than me because my car was parked in the student parking lot, instead of the visitors.