CLOSE

LEEYAH

Honestly, I didn't want this day to come. I did everything humanly possible to try and slow down time but today is here and my baby's leaving me.

Right now she's in the shower and I'm done getting ready. Today I look like I really don't give a flying f*ck and that's the truth bih. Sweats, a neon lights tour t-shirt, a jacket and vans. Who am I trying to look cute for? I have to say goodbye to my baby in less than two hours. I'm not okay.

"Hey baby girl, please stop crying. Time will fly by really fast, you'll see," Demi said as she wiped some of my stray tears with her thumb. I gave her a small nod before responding.

"Yeah and there's Skype, Facetime and all that jazz, right? Besides, I'm gonna visit you every chance I get," I let out a few more sniffles before Demi pulled me in for a kiss.

How am I going to survive without her kisses?

"I love you so much Leigh-Anne Faith Blakes, more than you'll ever fucking know."

"I love you more Demetria Devonne Lovato," we shared one more kiss before Demi finished getting ready and we headed to the airport.

~

The ride to the airport was uneventful, we jammed out to Todrick Hall's album Straight Outta Oz and I got a few calls from work. Right now we were standing outside her private jet while they loaded her luggage.

"Well this is it, Demi, the scariest moment of my life. Gosh, I'm shaking," I laughed at myself for looking like a fool in front of the love of my life but oh well.

"Why is it the scariest moment, babe?" Demi questioned as she took my hands and squeezed them gently.

"Because I don't know what is going to happen once you step into that plane and take off. I'm scared out of my mind, Demz," my voice shook a little as I said that and Demi gave me a small smile.

"Don't be because I know what's going to happen once I step into the plane," I raised my eyebrow in an attempt to challenge her statement but she shrugged it off and continued. "Leeyah, once I'm out there in the world, I'm going to try my best to make you proud of me."

"I'm already so fucking proud of you, sweet cheeks. Go out there and have them cry for their edges which you finna snatched!" Demi let out her intoxicating laugh and that tugged at my heart strings.

"I will, goodbye Leeyah," I refused to say goodbye so instead I replied with goodnight and we shared a long passionate farewell kiss.

DEMI

I feel like crying. I miss my baby already but this is good for my career and I miss my Lovatics so much. I just need to keep reminding myself of the bigger picture and hopefully the next five months will be easier on me.

I have been on this jet for thirteen hours already and ten hours are left. This is why I hate flying from Johannesburg to LAX, the ride takes almost an entire day!

 This is why I hate flying from Johannesburg to LAX, the ride takes almost an entire day!

I slept so much, I can't sleep again, no sir. I move from the bed and walk to sit on one of the comfortable chairs. Once comfortable, I open up my laptop and connect it to the Wi-Fi. I also connect my headphones so that I can drown out sounds of my team playing Heads Up.

I log on to Twitter and decide to tweet something.

I miss my baby girl so much already. I want you close to me Leeyah. pic.twitter.com/2568948/fvgbzvhgh

I attached a picture of Leeyah and I using Snapchat's puppy filter. She was the Dalmatian. I continued to lurk on twitter and like some tweets. Eventually, I grew tired of it and decided to Skype Leeyah.

*skype conversation*

Hey baby, I hope I'm not disturbing you.

Hey Demz. It's only 18:30 babe, you aren't disturbing anything.

You sure? Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for a gig?

Nope, I cancelled it. I told them I wasn't feeling well because I didn't want to miss your Skype call.

Aww baby Lee, you didn't have to do that. I would've understood if the Skype call didn't go through but I'm glad it did. I miss you.

I miss you too. I can't even watch Orphan Black anymore, it seems unnatural.

Hahahaha I can imagine. I hope you weren't thinking inappropriate things about Cosima.

Baby, you are the only person I think about so don't you worry your pretty head about that.

Hhm, sing to me.

Whaaaat? You do know that you're the famous singer here, right?

Babe, come on. I've heard you sing and honestly I love your voice so much.

Ugh okay, but once your ears are bleeding just remember that this was your idea.

Oh man, oh man
I am not really known for ever being speechless
But now, but now somehow
My words roll off my tongue right onto your lips, oh
I'm keeping cool while you keep smiling
Saying all the things I'm thinking
Oh man, oh man
I am like you so I want proof I'm what you're feeling

Yup, that's all I have for you baby.

Damn baby, that was so amazing. I want you close, and close ain't close enough, no.

I want you close too, baby Dee.

I can't believe I'm sleepy, I will call once I'm settled in LA. Goodnight baby Lee, dream about me.

Goodnight baby.

~
After ending the call with Leeyah, I played a round in the Heads Up game and left once I got too frustrated. They freaking sucked at that game.

I hopped into the bed again and played Wall Fuck from Flume's newest album. With those crazy electro beats, I fell asleep once again with nothing but a South African beauty invading my thoughts.

-----------------------

Mmapetja Leshilo 

Twitter: @LovaticLeshilo
Snapchat: Petjazana
IG: mmapetjal
Musical.ly: Athenapetjinkie