The Boy Who Sleeps On My Bedroom Floor- Part Nine

Luke's POV

Romeo didn't stop fighting to get up. No matter how many times I told him to stay down, how many times I physically pushed him down, he still fought to get up.

"No, Luke! You have to let me get to her!" I didn't understand what he was talking about. We both knew that the Kid was perfectly fine. She hadn't been touched, I made sure of that. I looked down at Romeo, still amazed that he had saved my life. We weren't exactly the best of friends and yet here I was, perfectly unscathed. He had, metaphorically speaking, taken the bullet for me.

"She's fine, Romeo, she's just getting something to stop the bleeding," I said, trying to sound soothing. It was hard to be comforting, being as big as I am.

"No, not Emi! My Hannah! Where is she?! I have to know she's alright!" His voice broke on the last word and he burst out in uncontrollable sobs.

"Hannah! HANNAH!" He cried and tried to get up yet again. I held him down gently by the shoulders. The Kid came rushing into the room and naturally my eyes snapped up to look at her. I scanned her body for any signs of harm but she appeared to be fine. She fell to her knees beside Romeo, tears streaming down her face as she pressed the bundled mass of white to his stomach.

"Where is that ambulance?" She screamed, looking around frantically.

"It's on its way, Kiddo," I said, the only one now who wasn't crying. I had to be strong. Nothing ever made me cry. Well, that's not strictly true. Only one person had the abilty to do that but it wasn't the time to think of that.

"It should be faster than this! He's bleeding so much!" She screeched, waving the hand that wasn't holding Romeo's around in the air. "Oh God, Romeo! Stay with me, honey," she sobbed and rubbed his hand.

"HANNAH!" He yelled again.

"Do you think he's hallucinating?" I asked, worried.

"I'm not hallucinating you IDIOT! I need to find Hannah!" Romeo yelled, but no longer had the strength to try and sit up. So he yelled some more. "Hannah! Bad Daddy's gone now! Come to Romey!" My first thought was that he was calling a dog. That was until the door of a cupboard in the corner of the room swung open and a tiny little girl got out. Her eyes widened when she saw Romeo and she immediately started wailing.

"WOMEY!" She wailed and ran towards him, flinging her tiny body into the space on the floor between his side and his out-streched arm. She repeated what she said before as she nuzzled his shoulder with her face. Romeo stroked her hair softly and whispered soft words into her ear.

"Jesus Christ, this is worse than I thought," I said, watching the small girl's tiny shoulders heave with the force of her sobs. "Who is that Romeo?" But Romeo was breathing quiet and shallow breaths didn't reply. The Kid let go of his hand, stood up and hurled herself into my lap, sobbing loudly into my t-shirt. I had been refraining myself earlier, before all of this mess, from touching because every time my skin meets with hers tingles cascade from my head to my toes engulphing me in warm bliss. I wrapped my arms around her, entirely too happy for my own good. We were in this terrible situation and yet all I could do was marvel at the utopia that I was currently in. Her slender frame fit perfectly against my own, much bigger body and having her in my arms, being able to hold her was... it felt so natural.

"He's dying! And it's all that ass's fault! His own son," she murmered as she cried. Then, men and women in green uniforms ran through the door, along with some big guys in police uniforms. They rushed to us, the paramedics loading Romeo on to a strecher, prying the little girls from him. They gave him a breathing mask and then the police were hurling questions at us as I rushed with the little girl and the Kid to stay with Romeo as he was loaded into the abulance.