The Boy Who Sleeps On My Bedroom Floor- Part Eighteen!

A/N: So here is part eighteen :) I hope everyone who is doing exams at the moment is getting on okay! There's another author's note at the end. Read it please, it's important :) Enjoy....

The first thing I was aware of when I awoke was the unshakable feeling of total bliss. I was buried under my covers, completely surrounded by warm. I was hugging the warm and the warm was hugging me back. I kept my eyes tightly shut, not wanting to lose the feeling and snuggled closer to the warm mass next to me, which shook a little and then I felt something nuzzling my head.

"I know you're awake, Kiddo," Luke mumbled into my hair, his voice husky from not being used all night. I shivered as I felt his hot breath on my head and squirmed in his arms.

"I'm not opening my eyes," I said and moved my head upwards until I felt bare flesh on my nose and began kissing a spot on his neck somewhere and lightly sucking the soft skin. Luke hummed in happiness and then spoke again, in a somewhat strained voice.

"Why not? Scared to see what I look like up close in the morning?" I laughed against his skin.

"No, of course not. I just want this feeling to last as long as possible. If I open my eyes, I'll be properly awake and then I'll have to get up sooner," I whined and placed a gentle kiss on the tender skin I was pretty sure I had just marked.

"Have I got a hickey?" Luke asked, sounding amused.

"I don't know. I hope so," I replied honestly and Luke let out a low chuckle.

"Can you check for me please? I can't check myself without getting out of bed," he said and I opened my eyes and moved my head back to look at his neck. Sure enough there was a little red mark colouring the tan skin of his neck, just below his jaw. "I got you to open your eyes."

"Hey!" I exclaimed. "That was so not fair!"

"You gave me a love bite!" He retorted, his voice cracking slightly with laughter.

"Yep! The love bug got you good and proper, my friend," I said, shaking with laughter but sobered quickly when I saw Luke wince slightly.

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" I asked worriedly. He sighed and gave me a weak smile.

"I'm sorry. It's just... for so long that word hurt me so badly. Friend. I had to get used to being that and nothing else to you. The only one worse than that was brother! It's just... you don't have to call me that anymore. I don't mind if you want to, but-" I cut him off mid sentence by covering his mouth with mine. My eyes were filled with unexpected tears. I hated the idea that I had been hurting him for so long. Luke pulled away from me hurriedly and jumped out of bed.

"Hey! Where are you going? I was enjoying that!" I called out.

"I've got cotton mouth, Emi!" He called back to me as he ran out of the room. I sat there, stunned for a moment and then burst out laughing. I laughed until my sides hurt and so loudly that Hannah came running into my room to see what the noise was all about. She was closely followed by Romeo.

"Emi, why are you laughing so loud?" Hannah asked as I pulled her into my lap, as she couldn't get onto the bed by herself. I smiled at her as she wrapped her little arms around my waist and squeezed me in a small hug. I hugged her back and placed a kiss on the top of her blond head. I looked at Romeo and he raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Luke said something funny to me," I told the young girl.

"Luke was in here?" She asked as she pulled away from me, her eyebrows knitting together. I nodded at her. "In your bed?" I hesitated and nodded again. I wasn't really sure whether it was better to lie or not. "Are you guys getting married?" She squealed happily and I looked at her in confusion. "Mommy and Steve started sleeping in the same bed when they were getting married!"