Cracks

"Bye now blondie." Isabelle said as she pecked Elisa's lips and playfully slapped her butt. Elisa watched her hips sway until she was no longer in her field of vision. She slumped against the locker, sighing heavily. Isabelle was definitely driving her crazy. She is just acting so hot and cold, Elisa huffed in frustration as she picked up  the stuff from her locker. 

Tightening her coat around herself, she inhaled deeply, trying to prepare herself for the imminent impact of cold air. Elisa hated winter, and especially those freezing white things that fell from the sky. Tucking her nose in her scarf she picked up her speed, wanting to get home as soon as possible. Thankfully she didn't have to work today, so she will have the time to do her homework, which by the way she was behind on. She couldn't allow herself to slip up, her scholarship depended on her grades. Ha the scholarship awarded to me by James's family foundation, and I am banging his girlfriend, Elisa shook her head at the irony of this whole situation. 

She was a bit frustrated because Isabelle proved to be such a hard nut. Elisa was trying to break through her defenses but it was more difficult than she initially thought. This past month was...in a lack of better expression, very bittersweet. Elisa loved that she could kiss Isabelle and make love to her pretty much whenever she wanted, but she needed more. She wanted Isabelle to trust her, to open herself up to her, to love her. She just kept reminding herself that all good things are worth waiting for, and  Isabelle was definitely worth waiting for. 

On a bright side, she learned some stuff about Isabelle she didn't know before. She learned little things, things that some people might consider irrelevant, but Elisa cherished every and each one of them. The way Isabelle would start babbling in French when she was thinking too hard of something, the way she would play with her necklace when she was nervous, the way she hummed in the shower, the way she cooed to her dog, and Elisa's favorite: the way she played the piano. The way her eyes were glazed over, the way her lips stretched in a dazed smile, the way her fingers effortlessly stroke  the keys, and the raw emotion that was seeping through every stroke left Elisa completely awe struck.

Those were the times Elisa felt like she was seeing the real Isabelle, this lonely, beautiful and lost girl. Those were the moments that made her fall profoundly and madly in love with Isabelle, and the moments that proved her she was right to listen to her instincts and go after what her heart was seeking. It also proved her that she was right to disregard Aidan's parting words to her, which she did sadly think about quite often.

But on the other hand, Isabelle had to come up with those stupid rules. Elisa couldn't believe her when she came over one day and Isabelle presented her with a list of rules, and not just that but as Isabelle put it, it was a "contract", and Elisa was supposed to sign it. Elisa was completely dumbfounded at Isabelle's bussinesy like behavior. Gosh she is just such a control freak sometimes, Elisa groaned at the memory. But she is my control freak, she smiled to herself, thinking of the brunette. 

The contract consisted of long list of rules, which to be quite honest Elisa didn't even read. She remembered the first few ones which Isabelle read out loud to her in a strictly businessy voice:

1. Absolutely no one can know.

 2. No sleepovers

3. No jealousy

4. No feelings but shouldn't worry about that one since I hate you.

and that's pretty much when Elisa shut her up with a kiss. She never finished reading the list but she was pretty sure she broke rule 3 and 4, and she wanted to break the 1 and 2 really bad too. Whenever she saw Isabelle with James, she wanted to strangle him, but she couldn't. She had to remind herself that Isabelle wasn't hers...at least not yet.